The Night Without You

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Fred Weasley ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alrightI'm just so tired to share my nightsI wanna cry and I wanna loveBut all my tears have been used up"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Fred Weasley
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alright
I'm just so tired to share my nights
I wanna cry and I wanna love
But all my tears have been used up"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We'd been walking since dawn.

Nezz was feeling much stronger than last night after the argument she'd had with Hermione.

I agreed that Nezz had been wearing that locket for far too long and so Harry and I made the decision that we'd take extra turns to wear so she didn't have to; it drained her and messed with her powers too much. I wouldn't allow her to go through that kind of emotional turmoil everyday just so we could feel a little better for a day.

Nezz and Hermione had made up since. They'd woken up and given each other a tight hug, apologising profusely about what they'd both said and done.

Harry and Hermione walked in front, leading the rest of us whilst Ron trudged behind them and Nezz and I were walking at the back-hand in hand. I was carrying Nezz's bag too, wanting her to get her strength up as much as possible for our journey ahead.

Ron rested the radio on his good shoulder, listening closely as it informed us about the tragic new deaths. Nezz winced every time a name was read out and I knew she felt responsible for every life lost to this war. As did Harry, I imagine. Ron was wearing the locket again as it was his turn which caused me worry like no other.

After hours of walking through grasslands, caravan patches and streams we finally came to a break at a pebbled beach.

Ron, Hermione and I all sat under a concrete bridge to shield from the harsh winds. Harry and Nezz stood on the edge of the pebbled bank, peering out at the still waters and talking every now and then.

"They have no idea what they're doing, do they?" Ron criticised grimly, his lips curling in annoyance.

Hermione turned her head to watch the two. She caressed Ron's forearm gently as if to try and calm him in some way, all she wanted to do was help my brother and I felt bad that she had to put up with his grave mood.

"None of us do" she sighed.

Nezz and Harry began stepping through the pebbles to us. Nezz came to sit on my lap whilst Harry took a crouch next to Hermione who gave him a warm smile; I noted Ron's dark expression as he watched their exchange.

"How much further are we going today?" I asked Harry.

"Till we reach another forest, we need to cover" he nodded, "if you guys need to stop now though, we can rest for a few minutes" he said lightly, trying to be as accommodating as possible in our current situation.