Different Isn't Dangerous

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"Pitch Black, pale blue, This wild oceanShakes what's left of me loose, till the blame Grew too heavy"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Pitch Black, pale blue, This wild ocean
Shakes what's left of me loose, till the blame
Grew too heavy"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

I was left alone in my detention with the pink toad.

Harry was allowed to leave hours ago and she'd been revelling in my pain as I continued to write the lines she wanted. The words that I feared the most now carved into my skin. I couldn't help but think, as I stared at the words, that they might be right.

I was so angry all the time. I could feel my powers storming inside of me, wanting to be released with all my pent up emotion and I knew that made me dangerous. I didn't want to hurt any of my friends or my family...especially Fred.

Finally, she'd let me leave and I returned to the common room. Harry was sat with Hermione and Ron on the sofa, the three of them discussed something in low voices whilst Hermione pointed at Harry's hand angrily-she must know about the detentions. Fred and George were selling their new 'get out of school products' a little way in the corner.

Fred spotted me and grinned until he saw my glum expression. Wanting to avoid the confrontation, I slipped off into the woods leaving Fred looking hurt and curious.

It was misty and chilly as winter crept up onto the castle. The surrounding forest darkened with the new season.

"Hello, Ner" Luna's musical voice greeted me.

"Hey, Luna" I smiled, "Your feet, aren't they cold?" I asked, frowning at her bare feet on the forest floor.

"A bit, yes. Unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect Nargles are behind it" she said, leaning into me as she spoke.

"Have mine" I offered, slipping off my shoes and handing them to her. She smiled at me gratefully before putting them on and giggling at their warmth, "What are they?" I nodded to the horse-Skelton creatures she was feeding.

"They're called Thestrals. They're quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they're a bit..." Luna cocked her head at them.

"Different." I finished. "Are they dangerous?"

"Different doesn't always mean dangerous, Ner. I mean, look at you, you're different but you aren't dangerous" Luna said.

"I don't think that's true, Luna" I sighed, "why can't the others see them?" I changed the topic quickly, feeling the wound from Umbridge's detention burning.