The Yule Ball

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Fred Weasley ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"And with a feeling I'll forgetI'm in love nowKiss me like you wanna be loved"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Fred Weasley
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"And with a feeling I'll forget
I'm in love now
Kiss me like you wanna be loved"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

I was fidgeting nervously at the bottom of the stairs outside the great hall.

George had been trying to tell me that the night would go well and for gods sake Nezz was my girlfriend but yet she still had the power to make me feel like I'd just met her. Like I was a first year with a crush on someone powerful and beautiful. She made me nervous.

"You look rather dashing Mr. Weasley!" McGonagall said with a tight lipped smile as she straightened out my collar.

"I must agree with you Minerva" Professor Lupin smirked as he rounded the corner.

"Don't be nervous Fred, you look like you've eaten a puking pastel" George quipped.

"I'm telling her tonight George" I simply replied.

"Ohhh..." he said, "good luck Freddie."

McGonagall hurried off, fussing over decorations that weren't quite perfect yet. Lupin faced me with his hands tucked into his trouser pockets, his eyes were narrowed at me and I felt I already knew what was coming.

"Is this the 'if you hurt my daughter I'll kill you' talk?" I asked anxiously rubbing the back of my neck.

Lupin let out a hearty laugh before running his hands through his brown hair. I noticed that Nerezza did that often, it was obviously something she'd picked up off him after living together for so long. I was quite impressed and even admired Lupin for looking after Nerezza like his own for so long.

"Something like that" he replied with a chuckle, "she really likes you Mr. Weasley" Lupin informed me, rocking back on his heels.

"That's good, I really think...well, I think I love her actually" I confessed.

Lupin's eyes darted to mine. He began slowly nodding to himself before he placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"All I ask, is that you love and take care of her. Nerezza has been through...too much" he said, I nodded frantically, of course I would do anything for her. Lupin smiled thinly, "sometimes, it feels like she's all I have. As long as Nerezza loves you, you are part of the family" Lupin smiled.

"Thank you Professor" I gushed.

"Call me Remus, Fred" Lupin nodded firmly.