Looking Like Someone You Knew

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Remus Lupin┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"I know in your headYou see him instead'Cause I look a lot like he did back thenBaby don't lieI'm just a lookalike"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Remus Lupin
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"I know in your head
You see him instead
'Cause I look a lot like he did back then
Baby don't lie
I'm just a lookalike"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Harry had gone back to Hogwarts for another year.

It was strange to think that Nerezza wouldn't be attending anymore and I wouldn't teaching either.

A lot had changed though, Sirius was gone and it had changed everyone in some way. Nerezza and I seemed to be the most affected, aside from Harry. I was just glad that Fred had managed to get Nerezza out and about in the land of the living.

I think being at Grimmauld Place was just like living in a constant shrine to the dead. When I was there a few months after Sirius's death, it didn't feel like I was alive. I felt like I'd died with him and that place was my purgatory-forced to watch as my darling daughter became numb and distant.

The Burrow was lively as always: Molly was cleaning in the kitchen with the radio on, Arthur was at work, the twins and Nerezza we're sat at the table waiting for dinner when I entered the room.

"Remus! Come, come sit. Dinner will be just a few minutes" Molly mothered, flurrying me into a seat next to George.

"Molly, let me help with that" Nerezza pleaded, standing up and taking over some of the magical duties.

"Aw! Thank you deary! You raised her well Remus" Molly chuckled, her rosy cheeks bunched up in a smile, "not like my rude boys" she mock frowned at the twins who were currently throwing pieces of bread at each other.

"Yeah I know, Ron and Charlie are proper rude" George said sardonically.

The doorbell of the Burrow rang loudly throughout the house, alerting to a visitor.

"I got it, I got it" Nerezza waved me away as I made a move to stand up.

I thanked her and sat back down.

"How's business?" I asked the twins, wondering how the shop was getting on. "Did Nerezza like the surprise?" I smiled.

"Yeah she was so happy" George chuckled, taking another bite of bread instead of throwing it this time, "wouldn't stop smiling" he added.

"I haven't seen her that happy in a while, she seems to be doing better" Fred half-smiled, looking tired yet dreamy as he thought of Nerezza.