Happy Birthday

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"So tell me how to beIn this world

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"So tell me how to be
In this world. Tell
Me how to breathe and feel no hurt"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Morning broke as we all sat in the lounge after breakfast.

I was lucky that Remus had stocked this place full of food before we'd left.

Ron had scoffed his food down as Hermione stared at him in disbelief and slight disgust. Harry had picked at his food absent-mindedly, pausing every now and then to smile at me. Fred kept an arm around my shoulders as he ate his food-his eyes flickering over to mine before pecking my cheek whenever I stared back long enough.

Now, Ron and Hermione were sat on the floor together on blankets and cushions. Hermione read aloud to Ron who was pretending not to be completely immersed in every word she said. Harry's brows were pressed into a line as he fiddled with the snitch in his hand whilst Fred and I sat at my Father's piano.

Fred randomly poked different piano keys with bored sighs in between.

I rolled my eyes lovingly at him before gently placing my hands over his.

"Why don't we actually play something?" I giggled at him.

He beamed and nodded like a kid on Christmas.

I smiled back and readied my hands; Remus had been teaching me how to play the piano since I was 10 and now that I was sat at a piano I was bombarded with memories of him.

I remembered being sat on his lap whilst he patiently taught me how to play the keys more softly so a nicer sound came out. His smile broad as he cheered every time I played a song right all the way through. I missed him so much. It felt like he'd died along with Sirius because, truthfully, he hadn't been the same since. Had I missed his pain?

I began playing and everyone's attention averted to me.

"Because I dropped your hand while dancing
Left you out there standing
Crestfallen on the landing
Champagne problems
Your mom's ring in your pocket
My picture in your wallet
Your heart was glass, I dropped it
Champagne problems"

I sang softly.

Fred's eyes were glistening, he interrupted my singing to place tentative kisses on my neck.

Harry had a small smile on his face, shifting his glasses up with his eyebrows. Hermione and Ron were gazing at each other longingly as I sang the muggle song that only Hermione seemed to really recognise.