The Things We Lost

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"All that we've lost lay shattered, Scattered into ash"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"All that we've lost lay shattered,
Scattered into ash"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We all sank behind the pumpkins, watching as the minister spoke with Hagrid.

I felt Fred's hand securely around my waist and was grateful that he was here-seeing BuckBeak getting killed...having to feel what he felt would be emotionally draining for me.

"Ow!" Ron seethed, "Scabbers! He bit me! Scabbers come back!" Ron began chasing after that stupid rat again.

"Ron stop!" Hermione followed after him and so the rest of us began running with them.

We ran through the woods and up a large grassy hill until Ron tripped over a protruding root and fell to the ground whilst Scabbers scuttled down a burrow. What tree had such large roots? What tree was...oh dear.

I held back Hermione and Harry from running any further. The twins stopped as soon as they noticed too.

"That tree...it's" I stuttered.

"The whomping willow..." Harry breathed.

"RON RUN!" I screamed.

Ron was still on the ground even with all of us yelling at him. His eyes went wide like saucers and his trembling hand pointed to something behind us.

"HARRY, RUN, ITS THE GRIM" Ron stuttered frightfully.

A large, black dog stood behind us. His hackles up ferociously, he bared his teeth with a deep bark that sent shivers down my spine. Immediately, I shoved everyone behind me and created a shield of red to protect us-but the dog simply leapt over it and pounced at Ron.

"HARRY! FRED, GEORGE!" Ron cried.

The twins were already rushing to their brothers aid.

I ran alongside Fred but knew I couldn't stay like this for long, I needed to shift. Jumping full pelt at the dog, I shifted into my fox form-I was bigger than a regular fox-nearly the same height as the dog. We growled and snapped at each other whilst he dragged Ron by his trouser leg.

"Holy shit!" Fred cursed in surprise.

"Nerezza! Ron!" Harry yelled after us.

The dog dragged Ron down into the burrow and I quickly followed suit. I sprinted after Ron down the sliding hole as he screamed and yelled after us all, I could hear the dog still growling lowly and knew how terrified Ron would be. I kept running on all fours till I finally reached the interior of a building.