Welcome Home

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"Sheets are swaying from an old clotheslineLike a row of captured ghosts over old dead grassWas never much but we made the mostWelcome home"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Sheets are swaying from an old clothesline
Like a row of captured ghosts over old dead grass
Was never much but we made the most
Welcome home"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was a few days after the attack on the Burrow.

The Weasley's had scraped together what was left of their possessions and had supported each other whilst they sieved through the remains of their home.

I'd told them that they were staying with Remus and me at Grimmauld Place; Molly had cried into our hug, thanking me profusely.

The Weasley's were moving in their possessions into the various different rooms upstairs, I could hear Ginny and Ron arguing over who would get the bigger room as the twins apparated trunks away into their respective rooms.

"Thank you for this, sweetheart. I know it's a lot taking on a family of six and then some" Molly sniffled, still upset over the Burrow.

"Of course Molly, this is your home too. You've always given me a home when I didn't have one" I gave her another hug as she wiped her nose with a tissue, "Sirius always did like having you all here. He said it made him feel like we were all one big family" I told her.

"We are, deary" she smiled through her tears.

She bumbled off to the kitchen to distract herself by making Grimmauld Place a nicer place to live in. I guilty as I hadn't exactly been taking care of the place...Kreacher never cleaned unless I asked him to and I never bothered with him so dust layered the house. It was still dark and dreary-with reminders of my father everywhere.

"Hey, love" Fred sighed from behind me.

"Hey Freddie" I smiled, "I'm so sorry about the Burrow..." I turned to him, feeling shame and blame creep up on me again.

"It's okay. I loved that place but my home is wherever you are" he smiled crookedly, stroking my scarred cheek with his thumb as he stared into my eyes with his golden ones. "Besides, hopefully we'll have our own place soon" he murmured.

"I'd love that Freddie" I giggled, "I just can't help but feel responsible for what happened at the Burrow. I was totally blinded with hatred for Bellatrix and I completely lost control" I looked down at my feet guiltily.

His finger lifted my chin up so I was looking at him again.

"Love, you are not to blame for what Bellatrix did. The Burrow is a place, you are our family okay? No one blames you for wanting her dead" Fred dismissed my guilt and I instantly felt a little lighter, "but would you do something for me, my love?" He asked.