Chapter Seventy: The Troubles

(Seriously bare with me... it gets better, I promise)

I'd fallen asleep on my floor and when my dad walked through the door he paused for a minute, "Kova?" Panic running through him as he knelt next to me, "Kova!"

I shot awake breathing heavily, "Jesus dad you don't need to yell."

"Sorry, just... That's how I found you after you Overdosed."

"Ay no. I'm the only one allowed to have PTSD in this household," I laughed a little but he didn't say anything, "That was a joke," I noted.

"Get up it's time for school."

"Did Reyes-"

"They made it to the border, little banged up and bruised but they're flying in at noon today."

"Good- Oh Fuck!" I didn't finish my work from last night.

"What?"

"I'm not gonna pass this class," I muttered.

"This about your English teacher?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know Coco," He put his hand on my forehead, "You feel pretty warm to me, I think you have a fever."

"What?"

"I think you need to stay home today."

"Oh..." I grinned.

"I'll have Clara call you out but it's not sitting around and watch TV I want that work done by the time I get home from work tonight."

"Yes dad," I laughed.

I walked upstairs where the twins sat at the island, "Should you be at school?" I asked.

"Ay, One gets called out we all get called out."

"Don't make me regret this," Mom told us.

"Have a good day," Our parents kissed right in front of making it extra long knowing we were watching.

"That was on purpose," Maverick muttered.

"And disgusting," Asher added.

My dad shook his head kissing the top of my head and hugging the two boys, "Alright be good for your mom."

Something shoved me off guard. That was so normal. My dad going off to work, giving my mom a kiss, hugging my brothers. It was so normal... But in a snap, I could lose it. Something I'd taken for granted for the past couple of months I could've lost so many times.

It shook me and I couldn't handle the thought of losing it all. I made it down to my room falling against the wall as tears welled in my eyes. I was crying over something that hadn't happened.

"Hey, Kitty, it's all gonna be okay."

"Eddie?"

"Hm?"

"Is my dad gonna be okay?"

"Yeah- Hey you remember when fell off your skateboard?"

"Yeah."

"And you got the scratch on your knees?"

"Yeah."

"It's like that."

"Oh, Okay."

Eddie held the little girl's hand as they walked into the hospital, "Kitty," Eddie reached down picking her up as they shuffled through the crowd of Firefighters paramedics, and other officers.