Chapter Forty-Five: Rebels

So what is forgiveness? 

I mean in short I'd say someone did something bad, whether they apologize for it or not, and the victim is no longer mad at them. 

I really don't know how I forgave James... or why I'm calling him Jax now. I guess it faded out with time and he never corrected me when I called him Jax. Maybe it was sentimental to him. Since his mom named him that and it connected him to his past. Honestly, it could be that or he just doesn't flat out care.

But It's been almost 4 days since I'd talked to Jax... Not like there was anything between us right? I don't know. My relationships have been very confusing. Maybe I should talk to someone about it? Get advise? Maybe mom? No, she doesn't like Him any more than my dad does. Brooks? Yeah, brooks could help. He wouldn't have strong feelings against Jax right? 

I sat in my math class staring at the same math problem thinking everything over. A student walked in handed the teacher a pile of notes. She went around the class passing them out and then put the blue one on my desk. Confused I picked it up and looked it over. 

Kova Blackwell, please come to the office. Your father is on the phone. 

Confused I gathered my stuff and walked towards the office handing the note to the front desk, "You can take the call right in that room." 

He pointed, I picked up the wired phone, "Dad?" 

"Hey, Kovy." 

"Jax?" 

"Correctamundo. I'll call you out of class." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean, once you hang up, come down to you're car, we're going for a ride." 

Confused I followed his instruction grabbing the white note from the front desk, "So sorry about your aunt," He nodded remorsefully. 

"Yeah..." 

If I had an Aunt.

I tossed my keys in my hand walking to the Mustang. Jax stood against it, "Put your stuff in the car and follow me." 

I tossed everything in and grabbed my phone, "What're we doing?" 

He came to a second parking spot where a blacked-out Kawasaki street bike sat, "Jax, People recognize us in this town... we can't skip out on school like this especially on a motorcycle." 

 He laughed a little, "Take the sweatshirt off."

"What why?" 

"Maybe because it says your last name on it?" 

"Dude motorcycle rides are cold."  

He was already a step ahead reaching in his thin bag and pulled out a woman's leather jacket, "I bought it for Angie but she never went riding with me. Y'all are pretty close to the same size." 

He put my sweatshirt in his bag as I put the jacket on, "And here's the real incognito piece." he grabbed the black tinted helmet. Pushing a few hairs behind my ear before putting it on. He flipped the visor up, "Hey." 

I grinned a little. He put his matching helmet on and reach over flipping my visor down, "Alright, Let's go have fun," I sat on the back with my feet up on the small peddles.

I put my hands forward on the gas tank in front of us as we pulled on to the road. The wind whipped through my hair, and the cars passed by faster as Jax pinned the throttle. 

We came to the first Red light and I looked at the car next to us to see a little boy smiling happily at us and the bike, "Jax," I nudged him looking at the little kid. He waved to him before revving the engine a little and the boy jumped in happiness.