Chapter Ninty-Three: Date night

Most of my week was spent helping mom get ready for the twin's grad Party after graduation on Saturday. Several Costco runs, borrowing friends' stand-up tables to put food on, cleaning the house, and even decorating. But everything started coming together perfectly. Maverick was able to stop wearing the wrap around him for his collarbone. Jax, who I was most worried about, got his official announcement he was graduating. Asher was getting excited about going to school in the fall in Seattle.

But late Thursday night mom had me up late helping her decorate the boards for the boys that showed their accomplishments and time in school. 

"Aw," I smiled picking up one of the photos, "Is this Jax?" 

"Yeah, I think that's 6th grade maybe." 

I happily placed it on the board. 

Clara pasted minimal photos with their dad and the boys on the boards granted it was just a subject no one wanted to bring up, "Wait that's my dad," I said shocked picking up a photo. 

Clara looked over smiling. The boys had to be about 8 years old when the photo was taken. My dad sat on the grass in uniform with Asher on his lap. Asher's face beat red as he leaned his head against my dad's shoulder while holding a frozen bottle. Maverick sat with his back to the camera picking at the grass, "It was the hottest day of the year... I think the news said 106. I'd taken the boys to the park because our house didn't have A/C and they were playing in the splash pad but Asher started getting a headache. We started going to the shade and then your dad pulled up and saw us. He came to the rescue with frozen water bottles and cold apple sauce." 

"Where was I?" I asked rhetorically. 

"You were with Reeves, Finn, and Graham because Eddie worked and he was taking you guys to the EMP- Or Sorry MoPop now. It was one of the very few Air-conditioned places in Seattle," My dad said looking over my shoulder. 

"Hey, you should be in bed," Mom warned my dad. 

"I'm fine. I still have 9 hours till my shift even starts." 

"Well come sit then." 

Mom patted the spot between us, "Alright, come here," He pulled mom and me back into him, "My two favorite girls," He chuckled a little and kissed the top of my head. Mom reached over putting her hand on my cheek and I simply closed my eyes with a smile. I nustled my head closer under my dad's shoulder, "I love you... both."

* * *

"LAST DAY!" Mom yelling coming through the bedroom door. She woke Maverick and me up with a big smile. My dad came behind her pulling the confetti popper. 

I shot up scared of the sound, "Jesus," I muttered a little, "Alright, Alright I'm awake."

"Come on breakfast is downstairs." 

I sighed making my way down to see Jax standing in the Kitchen, "Hey," He grinned. He pulled me into his arms whispering in my ear, "You know you look really adorable when you wake up." 

I let out a small laugh before giving him a quick kiss, "Alright- Are those chocolate chip pancakes?!" Asher ran to his spot at the table. 

Jax grinned having the pancakes in front of him. The four of us ended up eating in silence in love with the pancakes, "What should I wear?" I asked Jax as he sat on my bed, "Well your gonna be on the back of my bike so..." 

"Really?" 

"Um yeah. I haven't been able to show you off." 

I laughed grabbing the leather jacket he'd given me and black jeans, "You should wear this," He handed me the sunflower shirt.