Chapter Twenty-One: Breaking bylaws

"Welcome home," Brooks said opening the door to the penthouse. 

"Yeah," I muttered looking around. It looked like a regular apartment but much bigger. A vast white theme going on with white couches white statues white pillows. 

"Kova," A woman voice came from down the hall. I turned and a younger-looking woman in a tight white dress with a golden belt around it walked towards me. Her white heels clicking on the floor as she got closer, "My darling you look just like you're father," She smiled and gave me a hug in which return I didn't hug her, "Well Brooks can show you to you're room, I have to run I'm late for a meeting." 

She took off out the door and I looked to Brooks, "She always do that?" 

"Yup." 

Brooks took me down the hall and opened a white door to a large bedroom. A big bed with a white canopy and an African safari painted on the walls with other things that looked like they were straight out of Africa lined the floor and walls. 

"Well, this is your room... Um, decor's kinda odd but-" 

"K, you can get out now." 

"30 seconds and you're already telling me to get out of you're room." 

"In which you still haven't." 

"Yes Ma'am," He mocked. 

When the door clicked close I dropped the bag and backpack on the floor taking everything out of my pockets and put it on the desk before falling back on the perfectly made bed. I covered my mouth in order to now scream while I cried. 

I missed home so badly. I just wanted something constant. Something I could do home and here. Normally I would go to the police station and just hang out... I couldn't do that here. 

Then it hit me... quite literally. 

I wiped my tears and walked out of the room, "Brooks," He looked up from his food on the counter. 

"Hm?" 

"Wheres the nearest boxing gym?" 

I put his fork down and swallowed the rest of his food, "I think my gym has a ring." 

"Well let's go." 

"Right now? I don't normally work out for another 2 hours." 

"Guess what you're starting early today." 

Brooks opened the frosted glass door to the decent-sized gym, "Brooks... You're early," A guy with tattoos covering a good 95% of his body walked over.

"Thomas, this is my half-sister, she wants to learn how to box."

I looked at Brooks confused, "Learn?" I asked. 

"Uh, that's great, my client actually canceled so I have a 4-hour session open I think I could teach you the basics. Um, locker rooms that way." He pointed. 

I simply walked in changing in a pair of black leggings and black champion sports bra, "Good luck man," Brooks laughed patting his shoulder. 

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Thomas just shrugged. 

After warm-ups, I met Thomas in the ring, "Alright just punch my hand lets see how hard you hit kid."

He held up his hand and I hit with so much force he shook his hand like it burnt, "Ow." 

"Brooks forgot to mention I've been boxing for most of my life," I mentioned. 

He looked at me, "You're not from around here are you?"