Chapter Fifty-Eight: A stranger

As the sun peered through the small windows I heard my door open as the stairs creaked, "Hey Ko-" I froze. My eyes shot open having to look past Jax to see my dad at the bottom of the stairs, "Get out," My dad said sternly but bit his cheek to stay calm.

Jax's eyes widened but he ultimately listened. Quickly getting up and walking upstairs I sat up in the bed to chase after him.

"Dad, wait," I said trying to follow. Jax had already made it out the door followed by my dad, "Dad!" I shouted louder catching his attention.

"Kova we will talk-" He spotted the forming bruises on my arms and neck, "James!"

Jax froze. I could see his shoulder moving up and down aggressively as he feared for his life. My dad turned to him shaking his head, "So you think you can just-" He punched Jax's nose causes him to stumble back into the grill of the truck.

Jax didn't fight back... he was smarter than that.

"Dad wait!" I called after him.

I tried running over as my dad grabbed Jax by the collar of his sweatshirt throwing him on the cement, as he went after him with a few punches, "No dad-" I tried pulling him off but my dad shoved me harder than he meant as I hit fell on the cement scraping my palms, "Dad!" Jax looked like he wasn't even conscious anymore.

My dad knew how to fight like no one else. He showed restraint at work, or mostly because the people he's going after are fighting back. But this; this was a new level for him. In his mind, Jax had given me those bruises. He didn't have to show restraint in his own house.

Maverick came out of the house but didn't do anything, in his eyes I could see he probably wanted to join my dad, "Maverick please," I asked. Maverick I knew would have been able to get my dad off of Jax. But he just stood there.

"Kaleo!" I heard Eddie's voice off in the distance at the end of the driveway, as it took both him and Reeves to pull him off Jax and keep him held back.

From where I sat on the concrete I quickly crawled over pulling Jax into my arms, crying, "Hey, I'm here," I whispered to him as he could barely open his eyes.

"Kaleo calm down!" Eddie shouted at him as he still struggled to go after Jax. It wasn't until I looked up at him tears streaming down my face holding Jax in my arms that he paused for a moment.

"It wasn't him," I choked out, "It wasn't him," I repeated.

"She telling the truth," I heard Finn run-up, "He didn't do this. At the party we went to, some guys tried to take advantage of Kova, he stopped them. James saved Kova."

My dad wasn't sure what to do.

I wiped some blood that had dripped towards Jax's eye, "I'm sorry," I muttered.

I looked at Maverick but didn't say anything. Mom pulled into the driveway coming home from her shift, "What's going on?" She asked loudly.

"Kaleo went full overprotective mode," Reeves said looking at me then and my dad.

"Jesus, Kaleo did you do this?" She asked him but he didn't answer.

"Hey, honey we need to take you to a hospital," Mom told Jax but he was able to finally open both his eyes.

"No, it won't look good on Kaleo."

"Well, we need to do something alright?" He nodded, "Okay let's get you inside."

Mom helped clean and patch up Jax's wounds. Maverick stood guard behind me like he was ready to pounce on Jax at any sudden movement, "Maverick, I'm not gonna hurt-"