Chapter Sixty-Eight: Melody Stuck inside your head

I yawned stretching before getting up, "Hey," Dad smiled. 

"Hey. You work today?" 

"No. But I'm busy. So y'all are alone for dinner." 

"Busy with...?" 

"Work..." 

"Thought you said you don't work today." 

"Kova if you keep asking questions we're gonna go around and around in a circle here." 

"Fine. I'm gonna go get coffee." 

"No, you're not." 

"What?" 

"Kova, you were nearly murdered last night. Your 17 so I'm not gonna sugar coat it... Some very bad people want you dead, and I'm not letting you or those twins anywhere without protection." 

"So what? You're just gonna quartine me forever? Cause one of the three of us... will end up dead... Probably Asher." 

"No, you get escorted to and from school. No going to friend's houses, stay out of Seattle. Anything that's gonna put you and the twins in jeopardy. The game on Friday is gonna be heavily guarded." 

"It's Eastside dad..." 

"I know. You'll be fine. Don't worry about anything. Just focus on the game y'all are one win from the championships..." 

"Yeah." 

"Can I get a ride to the hospital if you're not gonna let me drive myself." 

"Yeah..." 

Once in the car, my dad trapped me, "Can I talk to you about James?" 

"You did this on purpose..." I muttered. 

"Why James?"

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean he... He's was a horrible person to you and Finn..." 

"But...?" 

"But... It seems I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I got authorization to go through a couple 9-1-1 calls from his address going back 7 years." 

"How many times was there a call?" 

"9." 

My dad reached in the glove box and handed me the flash drive, "I'm not technically supposed to let you see this but I thought you should know."

"Dad, I know he's a broken boy-" 

"No, Kova... You just need to listen for yourself alright?" 

"When was the last one?" I asked quietly.

"4 months ago. Right around the time Maverick and Angie were breaking up." 

I fiddled with the flash drive in my hand as I sat in the chair next to Jax's bed, "What's that?" He asked. 

"Oh, just a school project." 

"On a flash drive?" 

"Uh, Yeah." 

I shoved it in my pocket, "Hey Hun how are you feeling?" Mom asked Jax when she walked in. 

"Uh, better... thank you." 

"That's good.  No pain right?" 

"No pain." 

"Coco, you hungry?" 

"No, not yet, I ate at home." 

"Alright well let me know if you guys need anything, ER's quiet today," She gritted crossing her finger, "Hopefully it stays that way."