Chapter Six: Genuine Evil in an Ungenuine person

"No, that wouldn't be fair." 

"Wouldn't be fair? You're not sharing a room with Maverick, don't talk to me about fair." 

"Fine, TV goes in my room," Maverick concluded. 

"How about we see what mom says," Asher shrugged. 

As the three of us walked up the steps towards the school, I opened the door first. It was like a movie, or like it was planned. Everyone stopped and turned looking at me. For a moment everything stopped. The whole world slowed and halted. But then it returned. 

"What the hell was that?" 

"I think you either pissed someone off or-" 

"Maverick!" Angie interrupted with a hug and excessively long kiss. 

"That's my cue to be anywhere but here," Asher said turning to go to his class. 

"Ditto," I uttered following. 

Once I sat down in my first-period class Emily, a girl I haven't talk to since 8th grade, leaned over, "Kova Blackwell, I would not have taken you for the type," She grinned like she was proud. 

"What're you talking about?" 

She looked at me confused, "You... and James Harding?" 

"What about James and me?" 

"You slept together." 

"What?!" 

"Shh, it's quiet time right now," My English teacher spat pulling the book back up to her face. 

"I didn't sleep with James fucking Harding." 

"That not what everyone's been saying." 

Fucking Angie. 

I got up and walked out of class my teacher not giving me a second thought as many public high school teachers do. 

As I walked down the hallway passing Asher who wondered around, "Shouldn't you be in class?" I asked him. 

"Shouldn't you be in class?" 

"Fair point. I'm skipping. What're you doing?" 

"Nothing," I readjusted the backpack strap and walked faster to the "drug wall". 

When I turned the corner, Angie sat on James' lap with a puff bar in her hand, "You started a rumor that I slept with James?!" 

James grinned, "Consider it a warning," She told me. 

"A warning? What'd I even do?" 

"That little paddleboard stunt?" 

"I was on a paddleboard. Did I threaten you or something?" 

"No." 

"What're you gonna do if Maverick or Asher hears the rumor?" 

"What if he does?"

"Either they're not gonna believe it and move on, or one of them is gonna murder you," I asked looking at James. 

"You think you've made that much of an impact on them? I've got years of friendship, you've got what? A week? 

"Angie you are a genuinely evil bitch."  

"Why thank you," She grinned flipper hair back. 

I simply walked away towards the school but when I turned the corner I ran into someone. Stepping back I had to look up at Asher, "What're you doing?" I asked him.