Chapter One: How I met your Mother Satan.

"When are you meeting them?"

"Tonight I guess." 

"So that means no study group?" 

"No, sorry."

"No, I'm okay with it... I've got two tubs of ice cream, Netflix, and two parents who both picked up night shifts." 

I laughed at my friend Finn as I clipped the instrument case closed, "Thought you were lactose intolerant?" 

"Is that supposed to stop me?" 

"No, but I recall a playoff game, an ice cream sandwich, and a 15 minute delayed bus." 

He pushed me a bit before handing me back my music, "Anyways, back to you. You know their names?" 

"Maverick and Asher." 

"Twins right?" 

"Yeah." 

"Yeah cause there aren't a million twins in this school," He said sarcastically, "The weddings in what? 2 Weeks? And you're now just meeting them?" 

"One week and yeah. I told my dad I didn't want to meet her children...But I mean Clara's nice. I like her. But the boys... I don't know."

"Who knows maybe you'll get lucky and one'll be gay." 

I stopped in the middle of the hallway right before the doors, "You mean you'll get lucky." 

"Kov, there's like 2 gay guys in this school. Me included."

"Okay, what do you want me to do? Ask your dads." 

"Yeah, okay, "Hey guys, there's not enough gay guys in my school... can we move?" How does that sound?" 

"Sounds like it's not happening cause we're 12 years into this bullshit and you're not allowed to leave me yet."

"Right back at you."

Finn and I walked out of the double metal doors to the outside. The chipped and steep concrete steps lead the way to the crumbling parking lot. I pulled out my keys spotting a group of seniors sitting on the bed of a Ford F-350. I recognized a lot of them as kids I'd seen around the school, but I only knew two by name. James and Angie.

"Hey, faggot!" James yelled to Finn. 

Finn having dealt with people like James for a very long time either ignored it or made a snarky comment back. Today he decided to ignore him, "Tanners tomorrow right?" Finn asked standing on the edge of the sidestep to his Land Cruiser. 

"Yeah," I nodded. 

"Alright, you better have some juicy secrets."

"I think after dinner tonight, I'll definitely will." 

"Bye Kova," He waved before getting in his car.

"Later Finn."

Just as Finn pulled away I realized the sticky lock on my '92 4Runner wasn't going to open. I walked around to the tailgate where I could roll the back window down with my key. 

"Aye Kova!" James yelled now targeting me after not getting the attention he wanted from Finn.

"Yes?" I asked without turning around. 

"Think fast!" 

I definitely didn't think fast enough. An egg cracked on the back of my head with the yolk running down my sweatshirt. It didn't hurt it was just a little annoying, "I'll give you points for aim James!" I yelled back as he twirled the lacrosse stick in his hand. All the seniors laughed except one who stood behind the rest.