Chapter Twenty-Nine: Troubled

While my dad and Clara were still dating- though frankly, I think they've had feelings for each other for like 12 years- It was a miracle I never formally met the twins. We passed in the hallway but I never thought twice about there appearance. Though my dad had known them for years, Maverick's respect towards my dad is fairly new. 

"Be advised, a caller is reporting a group of loud teenagers at the skatepark." 

Kaleo rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah I'm going," He whined a little. 

When he pulled up to the skate park that normally would be packed with kids on a mid fall Saturday was taken over by a large group of teenagers. Out of caution, he called for back up. 

"Uh oh, here comes 5-0," A boy laughed. 

The speaker blasting The Offsprings throughout the park only got louder, "Turn it down," Kaleo yelled. 

"Aww a bunch of Hooligans," Eddie laughed holding Moses tight, "I remember being like this... Let's just tell 'em to turn the music down and go they ain't hurting no one." 

"I'm gonna check it out." 

"Oh come on Kaleo, Don't you remember being their age?" 

"I was raising a kid at their age." 

"And how'd you get that kid?" Eddie said raising an eyebrow. 

Kaleo shaking his head walked out as all the boys just stared. Eddie followed him but then Moses started sniffing, "Whatcha got Moses," Eddie said letting him smell. 

Moses came to a backpack sitting on the ledge and he sat in front of it, "Good boy." 

Kaleo grabbed the bag, "Hey what're you doing that's my-" The boy's eyes widened, "Shit," He muttered.

"This you're bag?" Kaleo said. He didn't answer, "Is this your bag?" He asked again. He just stood their scared, "Maverick answer me." 

The other boys around the park gasped at the officer knowing his name, "Uh-Uh, y-yes sir." 

"Get up here, now," Kaleo's stern voice put fear in Maverick's heart. 

They walked back to the car and Maverick gripped his skateboard, "Alright let's see," Kaleo reached in the bag pulling out the unopened bottle of Vodka, "Wow," He muttered. Searching the bag he found some papers and money but at the bottle, he pulled out two small bags, "What do we have here." 

He held up the white powder, "Kaleo, it's not mine. I promise. Please don't tell my mom." 

"Maverick, You have two bags of Coke in your bag plus a bottle of Vodka." 

"Kaleo, You've gotta believe me their not mine." 

"So what you're just holding it for a friend?" 

"Yes!" 

"No. Turn around." 

"What?! No, No, No!" Maverick started trying to twist away from Kaleo while being cuffed. 

"Maverick stop!" Kaleo yelled. 

He didn't. Kaleo was losing the battle against the teenager and he pulled the taser out and put it to his side as he yelled out in pain, "AH!" The sharp scream left his mouth as he dropped to his knees and then his stomach where Kaleo finally was able to cuff him. 

"Get up," He said angrily. 

"Kaleo Wait!" Maverick said trying to counter his arrest.