Chapter Sixty-Three: Fall Out

"What?" Reyes said quietly and let go of me. 

My dad looked at me then at Archer, "What's your name kid?" 

"What? Daddy come to save the day?" Archer mocked. 

Dad attempting to keep his cool looked over at the two boys holding Jax against the wall still, "Let the kid go," He told them. He pulled the badge from his waist, "I'll ask one more time, let the kid go."

The two boys dropped him and he caught his breath finally. I reached my hand on for his standing right in front of Reyes and my dad, "Cowards," Archer told the two boys. 

"I'm gonna have to ask you to turn around?" 

"Why? Am I under arrest?" 

Reyes lost his short-fuse temper and pinned him against the wall, "Your under arrest for the rape of a minor," He sneered. 

"On what evidence?" They didn't have any evidence right then and there, "Plus you can't arrest me. Conflict of interest and you have no grounds since she attacked me first. If you let me go he won't kill you," Archer nodded to the side. 

We looked to see David watching. Jax immediately jumped in, "Don't hurt them."

"You were my little soldier James... What happened?" He asked stepping closer. 

"Who are you?" My dad asked him. 

"Well it seems you and I have never formally met... My name is David Garcia," My dad shook his head trying to get more of an answer, "Old friend of your step-sons and their father." 

My dad started catching on, "You... That's why you caught my attention earlier," Reyes spoke up, "What do you want?" 

"Oh well, nothing really... Nothing more than Vengence."

"For what? We haven't done anything!" I shouted. 

"Allen shot and killed by a cop because they were protecting a little girl who overstepped her abilities. Maverick, left after his newfound pride from his step-sister. James Harding walked away for a girl who doesn't even love him. It all come down to one person. Kova-Koa Velaris Blackwell. That's right I know everything about you... There's no hiding behind daddy anymore." 

"This going somewhere?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"¿Cuándo fue la última vez que hablaste con tu mamá?" David asked looking at Reyes. 

"You son of a bitch, Si te lastimas aquí te mataré!" 

"You may wanna check," He grinned. 

Reyes didn't hesitate and turned to run the opposite way, "What'd you tell him?" My dad asked. But David didn't answer.

Both he and Archer walked away free. My dad knew he couldn't do anything, no ground, evidence, or anything. 

I gripped Jax's arm as we watched where David disappeared. My dad angrily grabbed my other arm tugging me with him but I refused to let go of Jax, "Kova, we need to go now!" 

I looked at Jax with puppy dog eyes holding on to him tight, "No, Dad, Jax has to come with us." 

"What? No!"  

"Dad please, I left Jax alone once and he nearly died because he helped me. He's in just as much danger as we are, we've gotta help him," I pleaded. 

"No Kova he in the danger... he brings it with him. He can go home to his own house." 

"Maverick was dangerous too... but he still lives with us. You're not gonna kick Maverick out are you?" 

My dad grunted, "Fine!"