Chapter Seventy-Two: Traders

"Oh damn," I muttered walking into the house. Reyes mom wanted to cook, As per usual, for everyone, and Finn's house was only one big enough for all of us. The neighbors probably thought a new family moved in with Reeves speaking Spanish with Mama Reyes, the Spanish music playing, and the aroma. The aroma filled the whole house and backyard, "Mama, what're you cooking?" I asked. 

"Tamales and- Mijo!" She shouted at Reyes who tried sneaking a snack. 

"Lo Siento," He muttered. 

"Tamales and barbacoa." 

"Barba- What now?" Maverick asked confused. 

"It's like a Kalua Pig but a cow." 

"Dude, speak English."

"Meat cooked in the ground." 

"Oh." 

Reeves brought the slab of streaming meat in the house setting it on the counter, "Hey," He smiled seeing us at the door still. 

He walked over giving my mom and me a hug, "Hey Kitty, How are you?" 

"Fine," I answered shrugging. 

"Alright, we have some things to talk about after dinner." 

"Like what?" 

"I'll tell you later." 

When we all sat down we went to eat but Mama stopped us, "We haven't said grace yet." 

We all held hands and bowed our heads, "Benedíc nos Dómine et haec Túa dóna quae de Túa largitáte súmus sumptúri. Per Chrístum Dóminum nóstrum. Ámen." 

"Amen," We all repeated digging in. 

There was a lot of laugher around the table, joking, and fun insulting, but something seemed to set Reeves in another mood. Finn hadn't said much the whole time and sat next to Eddie on the other side of the table. Reeves tried to laugh at jokes but it was short. As Reyes and his mom laughed at some photos of baby Finn and me, Reeves started on the dishes, "Can I help?" 

He gave me a funny look, "Your offering to help with dishes?" 

"Yeah." 

"Alright, grab a towel." 

As I dried in quiet Reeves's violent movement back caused me to look up, "Ow, Motherfu- Ow." 

He held his hand a single drop of blood spilt on the floor, "Reeves what happened?" Eddie asked walking over. 

"Cut my hand open on that damn pan I keep telling you to get rid of." 

"It's Calphalon, It's an expensive pan," Eddie defended grabbing a towel. 

The two bickered back and forth for a little bit about the pan and I just stepped back. When everyone sat down and talking in the living room Finn and I went to his room playing cards against humanity. 

"I've got 99 problem but blank ain't one," Finn read the card and put it down.

I searched through my cards and put "Jobs" down. 

"Mines better," Finn said putting "Teaching a robot to dance" down.

"Okay you right," I laughed. 

We laughed for a second and then Finn spoke up, "I think my parents are...getting divorced," He muttered. 

"What?" 

"I- They keep getting in fights about small things and I think we're having money problems."