Chapter 4

Flashes of hot rage tore through his heart as the world around him crumbled. His anger was nothing but a shield for the pain; in a way, he got that from Katsuki. Or, maybe it was his father's doing. He would never really know.

He had failed again, and that wasn't good enough. He kept messing up, and for what?

His heart burned with his failure as much as he tried to bury his emotions and lock them away. They always managed to appear in times like this.

The chill of the cement and the rainwater that had settled in a thin layer seeped through his well-worn jeans, sending a shiver up his spine. He pulled his hoodie tighter around himself, finding comfort in the only warmth he held.

He curled into a fetal position clenching his eyes tight; he listened to the bustling city beneath him and held his tears back.

Izuku always loved being up high. He felt at peace looking down as the city carried on indifferently as he watched with pain in his heart.

Why did he let himself get distracted?

Why did Eraserhead have to show up?

Why did he let Katsuki get hurt again?

The last he had heard. Katsuki had been taken to the hospital after suffering a seizure from the lack of oxygen. What if he suffered permanent damage from this?

What if he couldn't become a hero?

All because Izuku didn't act fast enough.

The tears started flowing freely as choked sobs erupted from his shaking body.

Who would want a broken Hero?

Aizawa would be lying if he said he wasn't worried, it was unlike the hero to get this invested in a case, but this vigilante was different.

His heart ached as he thought of the look in Chaos's eyes as he ran from the scene.

Tsukauchi had been equally concerned when Aizawa gave him his statement. Their problem Vigilante seemed oddly on edge and invested in this particular case. Even seeing him come out during daylight hours was strange.

With every step they took to figure him out, more questions popped up.

Aizawa laid his head on the table and groaned,

"What are we going to DO!"

The detective looked as tired as Aizawa felt, he stared deeply into the empty mug in front of him and sighed, "What is there to do, Aizawa? We don't know who he is and don't know anything about him!" 

He looked near tears at this point, "Aizawa, we don't even know how old he is! I have never met a more difficult Vigilante in all my time on the force."

The room was silent for a long time, both lost in their thoughts, searching for an answer to their problem.

Aizawa stood abruptly and grabbed his capture weapon from Tsukauchi's desk, "I'm going out!" He declared.

"Wait, did you think of something? Aizawa don't just rush off!"

Aizawa glanced back he had never seen the detective looking so frazzled and lost,

"I think I know where he might have gone if he was really bothered by what happened today. I want to see if I can talk to him. Then I'm going to call Nezu, I think he will take an interest in this case, and we can use that in our favor."

And with that, he was out the door and on his way to scour every rooftop in the city to find his Vigilante.