Chapter 14

Aizawa and All Might ran up the stairs of the rundown apartment building. All Might led the way, he had been here before. Aizawa was becoming increasingly concerned with every step he took. The walls had holes punched through them and pools of long since dried blood covered the floors.

"Just what kind of villain was Izuku with?" He whispered under his breath.

The pair reached the top floor when All Might stopped. He looked at Aizawa and pointed him towards a door at the end of a short hallway. "I should probably wait here. I don't think he'd like me barging in on him." He got a faraway look in his eyes as he mumbled, "again."

Aizawa didn't stop to process All Might's words.

He needed to get his kid.

He walked up to the door with light steps. The handle was missing, it looked like it had been punched through. The chalky paint fell in fragments and whined on its hinges as he pushed his palm against the door.

The first thing he noticed was the freezing breeze that ran through the apartment. Then the total lack of light. He turned on his phone and used the flash. He looked around what he assumed was a living room. There were bits of old furniture strewn across the floor and bloodstains decorating the worn-down walls.

He checked the kitchen and bathroom, both as foul as the rest of the building. Until he came up to the last door. The bedroom.

He pushed the door open and shined his light inside, instantly sighing with relief when he came face to face with Bakugo. He glanced around, looking for Midoriya, before realizing that he was curled up in Bakugo's arms.

"Are you both alright?"

"I'm fine. He's asleep."

Aizawa moved further into the room, "do you want to wake him up? Or would you like me to carry him?"

Bakugo scoffed and moved Izuku softly before standing while holding him bridal style. "I don't need your help, old man. Now lead the way."

Bakugo walked a few feet behind him. He was taking extra care not to jostle Izuku while he slept. When they got to the hallway, All Might jumped when he saw Izuku in Bakugo's arms. He opened his mouth to speak before Bakugo cut him off.

"Shut it Bitch Might." He passed the two adults and started down the stairs.

When they reached the ground floor, they saw Bakugo was already waiting by the car. All Might was uncharacteristically quiet. He looked like he was drowning in his guilt. Aizawa unlocked the car and opened one of the back doors for Bakugo. He expected the kid to put Izuku in the seat, but he climbed in and left Midoriya in his lap. He shrugged and closed the door quietly.

When they got back to Inko's apartment, they didn't even have to knock. The small woman threw the door open and ran straight up to Bakugo.

"Is he ok?" Anyone with eyes could see that she had been crying.

"He's alright aunty. Just tired"

She sighed in relief and looked him up and down. "Could you take him up to his room? I've already called your mum. She knows you won't be back till tomorrow."

Bakugo sent one last glare to All Might before he made his way up the stairs. Leaving the adults to their painful silence.

"Here, you two take a seat. I made tea." She looked at Aizawa. "And coffee."

They sat around the Midoriyas small dining table, sipping their drinks before Inko broke the silence.

"Thank you for getting him. He would have come back eventually, but I hate waiting for days, not knowing what he's up to."

They both nodded, not really knowing how to respond to that.

"Aizawa?" All Might started, "how did you meet young Midoriya?"

Inko looked confused, "you didn't know?"

"Know what?"

Aizawa cut in, "you know Chaos?"

"All Might roll his eyes. "Yeah, I've met him a few times. Snarky brat-"

"That's Midoriya."

...

"WHAT?!"

"ALL MIGHT! NO YELLING IN MY HOME!" she yelled.

"Sorry"