Chapter 28

The shadows were already dissolving into daylight when they started.

There was a stillness on both sides. Then sudden movement, they both put so much force in every blow with practiced ease. Izuku danced around Aizawa, disappearing into the remaining shadows before appearing behind him to strike again.

It was always like this when they trained, Aizawa would throw out his capture weapon, trying to stop Izuku before they truly started, and Izuku would disappear before he could land a blow. There was never a clear victor in their fights. Some days, Aizawa would catch him; others, Izuku would wrangle him to the ground until his only option was to tap out.

They worked well together. All Might would sit on the sidelines and take notes, occasionally asking them questions. They had both seen him reading his 'Teaching for Dummies' books in their downtime.

Training with Aizawa was a breath of fresh air for Izuku. His teacher was skilled and had never tried to hold back against him. Anyone who looked in on their training would have thought they were trying to kill each other. They fought with a passion; they both knew what a real fight was like; in the real world, your opponent wouldn't spare a thought before killing you.

Aizawa's fist slammed into his face while Izuku's sunk into his gut. Blood pooled in his mouth as Izuku gagged. They stumbled apart for a brief moment to catch their breaths before leaping back at each other, eyes narrowed in determination. Izuku dodged his fist and came up with one of his own; for a brief second, Aizawa's black eyes widened before he managed to tilt his head back and slam it into Izuku's. Stars exploded in his vision, but he shook it off blindly, aiming a sloppy kick at his teacher before falling back into the shadows. Aizawa stepped back quickly, escaping the blow. "Is that all you got, problem child?"

By the time they had finished training, the sun was ready to set. He was tired. When Izuku had told Aizawa that he had accepted All Might's Quirk, he had upped their training time. It had also been the perfect excuse for his cuffs. He had told them that One for All hurt his wrists, so he made them for support.

He packed up his gym bag, tired muscles not wanting to cooperate. All Might had left early, leaving him with Aizawa. "Problem child?"

"What's up, old man?" this better not be another lecture.

"How is Bakugo doing with his training?"

"He's doing ok. He likes to test his new moves with me every once in a while."

"You can invite him along if you want, he could benefit from watching us even if he doesn't want to join in."

Why is Aizawa so concerned about Katsuki's training? "Yeah, I'll ask him. I'm going over there now, so I'll text you."

When he got to the Bakugo's, the sun had set fully. Izuku didn't feel like socializing today, so he climbed through Katsuki's window. Katsuki didn't notice him at first. He sat at his desk with his headphones in, filling out his homework. "Kacchan." He was used to Izuku sneaking in at all hours. It didn't scare him anymore; to suddenly have another person in his room with him.

"Izuku, you good?" he turned around, taking his headphoned out.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just wanted to see you."

"You were here yesterday," he smiled. "you left this morning."

"And?"

Katsuki laughed and stood up from his desk. "It's ok. I don't mind."

He wrapped an arm around Izuku's shoulders and pulled him close, gently rubbing his arm. "What happened to your face?"

The bruise on his cheek was darkening slowly, "Training with Aizawa," He rubbed his face, feeling the swelling under his fingertips. "He's not one to pull punches."

"You should be more careful. You don't want to look like a human punching bag." He sighed and let go of Izuku, "Come here, I'll wrap your arms."

Izuku hadn't even noticed the scrapes and bruises that covered his arms and hands. He was reckless today, letting out his frustration through sparring. He sat on Katsuki's bed while the other pulled his first aid kit from his desk drawer.

Katsuki knelt in front of him, taking out the alcoholic wipes. "Shirt."

Izuku laughed, "Oh, is this just an excuse to get my clothes off?"

Katsuki glared at him playfully. "Just take the damn shirt off, Izuku."

He did what he was told to, pulling the shirt over his head, revealing the cuts and bruises that littered his arms and chest. Katsuki wiped them down carefully, being as gentle as he could. He layered salves onto the worse ones before placing dressings over them. "I can't do much about the bruises unless you want some ice?"

"I'll live." he smiled at Katsuki, who was still kneeling on the floor in front of him. "Thank you, Kacchan."

He smiled, standing up to put his medical supplies away. "Any time, Deku."

"Hey, Kacchan?"

Katsuki turned around from his desk, "yeah?"

"Do you want to come to training with me? I know you have school, so you could come on the weekends if you want?"

"I don't know, I might have to kill Eraserhead if I see him punch you again," he smirked.

"So, do you want to come? You can sit with All Might if you don't want to join in?"

"Sure, if you want."