Chapter 7

The previous night weighed heavily on Izuku's mind as he walked through the hospital. He did feel better knowing that Katsuki would be ok, but the guilt was still eating him up.

It was his fault that he got hurt in the first place.

He found Katsuki's room without any problems. Visiting hours had closed an hour ago, but he wanted to see Katsuki on his own. He probably shouldn't have snuck in, but he knew Kacchan wouldn't mind. Unless he was angry with him. His heart raced a mile a minute as he opened the door slowly.

"Izuku?"

"Kacchan." his eyes filled with tears as they made eye contact. He looked so tired. He looked drained.

"Are- are you ok?" His voice was quiet, and he looked like a deer in headlights.

Katsuki smiled at him softly, "come here nerd," he moved over on the hospital bed and pulled the blankets back to give Izuku room to get in.

He would be lying if he said he didn't run into Katsuki's arms. He buried his head into his chest and let the tears fall silently, "I'm so sorry."

He ran his fingers through the untamable curls on Izuku's head, "you have nothing to be sorry for. If anything, I should be sorry. I dragged you into a fight that I should have been strong enough to take care of myself."

He let out a quiet sob and squeezed his arms tighter around Katsuki, "Kacchan, I made a deal yesterday."

He felt Katsuki tense under his arms, "what kind of a deal?"

"I'm going to be a Hero. I'm going to go to U.A. For you."

Izuku couldn't see Katsuki's face, but he could feel his smile as he pulled Izuku closer. "Thank you, god Izuku, it took you long enough." he let out one of the light laughs that he only ever shared with Izuku, "get some sleep nerd, you look like hell and stink of coffee."

And so that's what he did, he slept, for the first time in too long, and he slept well. In the arms of the only person he really trusted in this world, and with the insistent beeping from the machines around them, he slept.

The morning wasn't as kind to Izuku.

He woke up to Katsuki talking to someone, and god, he knew that voice. But from where? He listened in to the conversation, but his tired mind wasn't able to process any of what was being said. So he did the dumbest thing he could do, he sat up.

And made direct eye contact with Aizawa Shota, Eraserhead.

"Oh. Shit."

Well, Izuku never claimed he was smart.

Katsuki was looking at him, confused as hell. "What's wrong Izu?"

"Ahhhhhh, nothing!" He was panicking. Why was he panicking?! He is the fearless Vigilante Chaos for goodness sake!

Aizawa was staring at him now. Izuku knew he had figured it out, his jaw was nearly on the floor just looking at Izuku.

"Kid!"

"Old man!"

Aizawa's eyes darted between Katsuki and Izuku, still both sitting up in the hospital bed with the blankets over their laps.

"He knows, don't worry," he murmured, gesturing to Katsuki. Ok, that looked like it shocked Eraserhead more.

"Wha- What the hell is going on."

Damn, looks like Eraser needs a coffee or five.

"Well, you see Eraserhead, when two people love each other VERY VERY much, they break into hospitals in the middle of the night to-"

"That's not what I'm talking about, Chaos!" he pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath. "This really isn't how I was expecting to find out what you looked like. So, you two know each other then."

"No, I've never met this man before in my life," Izuku deadpanned, earning himself an elbow in the ribs from Katsuki, who was staying surprisingly quiet.

"Funny. Now I know your face. I might as well know your name, kid."

"Well, Shota Aizawa, homeroom teacher of class 1A at U.A, my name is Izuku Midoriya." Ok, that time the elbow was probably deserved.

"Problem Child," he sighed, "so how do you two know each other?"

This time it was Katsuki who answered, rude as ever, "What's it to you old man?"

"Did you tell him about our deal, Midoriya?"

Katsuki's eyes snapped to Izuku, waiting for him to respond. God, this is awkward.

"I was getting to it," he turned to speak directly to Kacchan, "Basically, the old man has said I am a devious problem child who cannot be trusted on my own. So we are going to be patrolling together and he is going to help me get into U.A, and also maybe stop me from going to prison." 

He smiled brightly at Katsuki as he tried his best to process what he was saying.

All Aizawa could do was groan.

What the hell did he get himself into this time?