Chapter 39

Izuku's eyes hesitantly flicker open, and his limbs flex in shock. There is a liquid in them, around his entire body too. Pipes run up each nostril, and all that meets his skin is the warm glass that surrounds him. His body is bound, tightly secured to the casing that trapped him.

His mind was in a blind panic, he pulled at the restraints, but they wouldn't budge. The room around him was a blur, unable to make out the surrounding area through the murky liquid. Without conscious thought, his body does what it needs to survive.

With what seemed to be practiced ease, he pushed the conflicting quirks back, Ofa and Afo in their constant battle to kill each other, and him in the process. He brought forward his first stolen soul. Shadow Link coursing through him, blinking to life in his broken body. He couldn't see, but his quirk did that for him, searching for darkness to pull.

His bones re-broke, cracking as his quirk strained, pulling against whatever was holding him back. He tried to scream around the tube in his throat, but no sound escaped, and as if he blinked, he was out. Heaving on the cold stone ground, every tube that ran into his fragile body had been left behind, leaving his throat raw and scratchy.

His eyes were blurry, but he pulled himself shakily from the floor. He could make out a table in the center of what looked like a small lab, the container that trapped him being the only one in the room; what caught his attention was the desk against the opposite wall, more importantly, the man that sat at it.

"Took you long enough, didn't it, child?"

He knew that voice anywhere, intense stabs of dread and rage racing through him. His voice was scratchy, but he replied all the same. "What, missed me so much you had to kidnap me like a weirdo?"

The man turned his chair to look at him, or, whatever you would call looking, with no eyes.

"Now, Izuku. Is that any way to talk to your Father?"

Izuku cackled, "You old bitch, you ain't shit to me."

All For One hummed, "I gave you everything, Izuku. I made you."

"What you gave me was a complete fuck up of a life that keeps coming back to haunt me at every fucking turn."

His Father chuckled, "you say that, and yet I see that The Watcher has been showing his face recently. I didn't do that, Izuku; that was all you."

Izuku clenched his fists by his sides, "And who made The Watcher?"

All For One mentally rolled his eyes, "I didn't bring you here for arguments, child. We need to talk; I'm sure you can put your disagreements aside for a few minutes and speak with your Father?"

He stretched his aching body and walked shakily to the metal table in the center of the room; he perched himself at the edge and stared intently at the man that created him. "So talk."

All For One grinned, "you really have made it your life's mission to destroy my plans, haven't you?"

"That was the idea."

"But you messed up, didn't you, Izuku? Did you really believe you could possess One For All and your string of All For One in the same body?" He clicked his tongue disapprovingly, "I thought I raised you better than that." He looked lost in thought for a moment, "Though I must say I was surprised to see All Might still running about, how did you manage to make that fool trust you? And not only that but take you on as his successor?"

"I didn't do anything. All Might made his mind up on his own with no prompting from me."

"And yet, you agreed. You took One For All, knowing full well that it would be the death of you."

"I knew that you would be the death of me. It's your power that fights; One For All merely defends."

His Father chuckled to himself, "You are a stubborn one. Never able to admit when you are wrong. You do not have MY power; what you have is your own."

"What I have is a nightmare. A fucking killing machine trapped inside my body."

"Yes, I must agree that was a surprise to me as well. But a quirk so similar to my own would be bound to have its drawbacks."

"DRAWBACKS! IT KILLS PEOPLE; I RIP THEIR SOULS FROM THEIR BODIES AND TAKE THEIR POWERS FOR MY OWN!"

"Well, nobody is perfect."

"You are infuriating."

"You had to get it from somewhere, son."

Izuku grit his teeth, "So are you going to get to the point? Or are we going to go around in circles all day?"

"You're right; your new friends will be wondering where you got to by now."

Before Izuku could ask what the hell he wanted, he was pulled from the table by an unknown force, he found himself kneeling in front of his Father, whose hand gripped his head tightly. This situation was all too familiar; he tried to move, he tried to kick, to scream, but couldn't; it was as if he were paralyzed, stuck kneeling in front of the man that made him to break him.

Pain ripped through him, attacking every nerve in his body. Glowing red light surrounded the room; it was the last thing Izuku managed to see before his vision faded yet again.