Chapter 33

[Yeahhhhh Idk what happened with this chapter. It's not AT ALL what I planned lmfaoo. I'm still looking for someone to help me with another fic so hmu if you're interested :)]

Izuku gazed at the bloody mess on the floor. A few hours ago, it had been his foe; The Watcher looked at him now with limbs thrown about barely attached to his limp form. He was grotesque. His eyes were swollen over, with teeth and bloody spit spilling from his slack jaws. With a wrinkled nose, he took a step backward before turning on his heel and leaving the man to rot.

It's more than he deserved.

Izuku pulled his jacket tighter around him to fight off the cold; he hadn't planned on doing anything today, so he was thankful that he had started carrying his Watcher mask around with him since the villains started banding together.

His patrols with Aizawa have been cut to weekends only, to leave them both enough time for school. They use weekdays after school for training and planning ways to mess with his peers. If only they could see him now with blood-soaked hands and a sick grin covering his face.

He knew that his extracurricular activities weren't going to stay hidden forever, and he dreaded the day that it all came to light. He had tried to stop what he was doing, but he couldn't bring himself to do anything. There was a part of him that wanted to help and another that wanted to destroy. The Watcher satisfied both sides of himself, so why should he stop?

He was out for a walk at 4 in the morning to clear his head when he came across a man he had only seen in photos. A human trafficker and drug ring leader, he had been in the news for a while. One of the most wanted men in Japan; he wasn't good at keeping out of the spotlight. He hadn't thought before he slipped his mask over his face and grabbed him.

Izuku had enjoyed hurting him a little too much.

He dragged himself through his window and immediately headed for the shower; the smell of blood was thick in his throat, and he felt as if he was choking on it. He glanced at the clock on his wall, 6. He had been out longer than expected. His mother would be up by now, most of the time, Izuku tried to be back before she got up.

Their relationship was complicated as it was, and he didn't want to make it any worse. He threw his bloody clothes into a heap on the floor before climbing into the shower. He watched almost in a trance as the red-tinted water swirled down the drain.

By the time he finished showering and packing his ruined clothes into the trash, he barely had enough time to throw on his uniform and go meet up with Katsuki. His world felt lighter with Katsuki in it. The blasty teenager made it all peaceful.

He had heard people say that their partners bring out the best in them, but to Izuku, being with Katsuki makes him accept the worst parts of himself. Izuku only feels like a whole person when he is with Katsuki; he would never have even gone to U.A if not for him, hell, he probably would have turned Aizawa down in the first place.

He smiled to himself as he walked up to the Bakugo's house. Katsuki leaned against the front gate with a scowl etched into his face that only softened when he saw Izuku.

"You're late, shithead!" Katsuki fell into step beside him.

"Sorry, I lost track of time."

Katsuki reached out and ruffled his hand through Izukus's damp curls, "What, thinking of me in the shower again, nerd?" His devilish smirk and suggestive eyebrows broke Izuku out of his depressive state and made him double over laughing. "You're a fucking idiot, Kacchan."

They made it to school on time, only stopping a few times to catch their breath from all the laughing. When they rounded the corner to the entrance, they found a hoard of people. Cameras flashed in their eyes as the press screamed questions about All Might at them.

Izuku's throat tightened. It was too cramped; hands were on him. It made him sick. People he had never met grabbing him and asking him questions about a man he barely paid mind to was both infuriating and terrifying.

He felt a familiar arm around his waist before an explosion threw him into the air. He would have panicked if not for Katsuki's arm still holding him firmly. They landed quickly on the other side of the gate, and Katsuki turned to look at him with worried eyes. He could faintly feel the eyes of the other U.A students on them.

"Are you ok, Izuku?" He couldn't answer; his body shook as he tried desperately to even his breathing. He looked pathetic, embarrassed that Katsuki had to jump in and save him from a few press. Katsuki took his hand and pulled him to a shaded area behind the main building; it was secluded and away from prying eyes.

"Hey, Izuku, it's alright. Just breathe, in and out, it's ok."

Katsuki pulled him into his chest, wrapping his arms around his waist as he mumbled sweet words into his ear. His shoulders still shook with the force of his panic, and he felt tears fall from his eyes, wetting Katsuki's uniform. "I'm sorry." The words were broken by quiet sobs while his tears grew stronger with every breath he failed to take.

"It's ok, Izuku. You don't need to apologize to me." his arms squeezed a fraction tighter, and Izuku breathed more slowly, his body melting into his lover's as every muscle lost its tension.

When his breathing was normal and his body stopped shaking, Katsuki pulled back and looked into his eyes. His hands came up and wiped every trace of tears from his face; his hand was warm; it grounded him.

As he leaned forward, Izuku's pulse raced again. It was different this time; there was no panic, no fear. A small lock of hair tumbled in front of his face, resting just in front of his cheek, but one swift slide of Katsuki's thumb brushed it out of the way.

They stared into each other's eyes like they would be lost without them, and to Izuku, that was how it really felt. Without Katsuki, he would be lost. Their faces drew closer until Katsuki was placing his lips gently over Izukus. Their kiss is not at all the same as the movies, but one steeped in mutual love. It tells the story of desire, pain, and acceptance, and it promises so much, the future would be better.

Looking into his eyes, Izuku saw deep pools of red that left his soul on display. It warmed his heart to know that only he had ever seen Katsuki like this.

They were so lost in each other that they didn't hear the footsteps approaching. Katsuki's arms were still wrapped tightly around him as Izuku clung to his shirt when a small group of students rounded the corner.

Izuku's head whipped around to look at them, tape boy, alien girl, and engine legs looked at them in varying degrees of horror and embarrassment. Izuku fixed a scowl on his face, "can I help you? Or do you want to stand there and watch?"

Engine legs spluttered indignantly, "You shouldn't behave like this on school grounds!" his robotic arm movements pissed Izuku off, even more, he let go of Katsuki and took a step back.

He opened his mouth to ask what they wanted but was cut off by Katsuki, "So are you just gonna' stand there and gawk, or are you going to tell us what the fuck you want?! shouldn't you be in class anyways?!"

Tape boy was the one to answer, "uh, Uraraka saw you get swarmed this morning, and then you didn't show up to class, so, um, Aizawa-Sensei sent us out to find you." He refused to look either of them in the eye.

Katsuki rolled his eyes and scowled, "Yeah, whatever, we'll be back soon. Fucking virgins."

Engine legs opened his mouth to lecture them but was dragged off by the other two before he could start. When they were out of earshot, Izuku doubled over and laughed, "Katsuki! You didn't have to fucking ROAST them!"

Katsuki just smirked and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, but it was fucking funny. Did you see four-eyes face? It was fucking comical!"

They spent a few minutes giggling like idiots before straightening their uniforms and heading inside. When they got to class, Aizawa rolled his eyes and pointed them to their seats. It took everything in them not to burst with laughter at the three red-faced students staring at them.

There will be some good gossip this week.