Chapter 27

From the outside, the bar appeared to be an abandoned store. In the darkest corner of town, the shadows were what drew villains there. It wasn't like a regular bar in the way that you would go there to relax. It was a place of business. It was a safe place for the most dangerous.

The Watcher sat at the bar with a drink held in his hand. He could feel eyes on him, waiting for him to pull the mask off and take a sip. He smirked. They would be waiting for a while.

His body still hurt, but he covered it well. He had come to the bar to meet with a doctor, his Doctor wasn't one to meet clients in dark bars in the middle of the night, but they had known each other for a long time.

The Doctor had been healing The Watcher for years. When he got hurt and wasn't able to take care of it by himself, he was the only person The Watcher relied on to help. He knew that he was a real doctor. He wasn't going to let someone treat him without doing his research first. The Doctor treated civilians during the day. But at night, he put on a mask and treated villains. He seemed like a nice guy who wanted to help people rather than let them die on street corners because they would get arrested if they went to a hospital.

The Doctor arrived minutes after The Watcher. They didn't speak, just nodded at each other before heading to one of the backrooms. He didn't know how he was going to explain his situation without giving away his secrets.

"You get stabbed again, Watcher?" He asked. His voice was gruff, and he sounded tired. Probably a long day.

"No," he rubbed the back of his neck, thankful that his voice changer hid the nerves in his voice. "I am having problems with a Quirk."

"What do you want me to do about that?"

"I need something that will turn it off without affecting other Quirks."

Even with a mask on, The Doctor looked confused. "You need a suppressor that will only work on one of your Quirks? I didn't realize you had more than one."

"I never said I did, Doctor."

"Of course. How pressing is it?"

"I need it now." Izuku didn't know if he would last another night with his body trying to destroy him.

The Doctor excused himself to make a few calls. He didn't have the skills to make Quirk suppressors, but he had friends who did. When he came back into the room, he sat down in front of The Watcher. "They will be here in 15 minutes. Obviously, it is not coming from me, so the suppressor will not be free. They know who you are, though, so they will be using your normal payment methods."

"Thank you for your help." The Watcher wasn't one to thank people often, but The Doctor had never failed him.

"I will be leaving now; they should be here soon. Have a good night, Watcher." He left the room with a dramatic flip of his lab coat, leaving The Watcher to wait for his mystery associate.

While he waited, The Watcher pulled a notebook and pen from one of his pockets. He didn't know what the person would want, but he would need to take notes. He scribbled random facts to pass the time. It didn't take long for someone to be knocking on the door. He shoved his notebook back in his pocket and leaned back against his chair. "Come in."

The Watcher was shocked, to say the least, he knew this man; Kagero Okuta, Villain name: Giran.

"I hear you need some Quirk suppressors, Watcher." He sat in front of The Watcher with a smirk.

"And I hear you want information."

Giran laughed, "You're not wrong!"

"I want to see the suppressor first. I'm not buying any dummy shit."

He handed The Watcher a small box, "One for each wrist, you have to be using the Quirk you want to cancel." He watched intently as The Watcher pulled the cuffs out of the box, inspecting them thoroughly.

"What do you want for them?"

"I want the current whereabouts of the Meta Liberation Army."

The Watcher smirked under his mask. He pulled a fresh notebook out of his pocket and filled the pages with information. He wrote their location and most of the information he had gathered on some of their top members. After this, Giran would not forget him.

The trade was easy, and they both went their separate ways without any issues. Izuku could feel the pain starting again a few minutes after he left the bar. His legs wobbled as he walked through the old alleys. His breath was short and hard; the burning was starting again. He collapsed against the wall and slid down until he sat on the cracked pavement. His head was spinning, and he felt like he would pass out any second, so he pulled out the box Giran gave him.

He slid the cuffs onto each of his wrists. The cold steel was heavier than it looked. He activated his Quirk and felt the cuffs tighten around his skin before his Quirk was torn from him. It hurt; he felt like his arms were being ripped off, but the pain was nothing compared to what the Quirk had been doing to him. He felt relieved. He rested his head back against the wall with a sigh, all of this shit for All Might's stupid Quirk. It better be worth it.