Chapter 48

Class was brutal. Aizawa was determined to have them all fully prepared for the sports festival at all costs; even Izuku was spent after 6 hours of ruthless training. His exhausted peers barely spared each other a glance as they all filled off into their respective rooms, ready to pass out and deal with their aching bodies in the morning.

Katsuki sent Izuku a questioning look; he shook his head, miming pulling a hood over his head, nodding in understanding Katsuki disappeared into his own dorm. Izuku shut his door behind him with a sigh, finally, solitude. He didn't waste any time ripping off his uniform and changing into a pair of basketball shorts and a hoodie. Climbing on top of his drawers, he gingerly pried the barely loose tile from the ceiling and drew his bag of Watcher gear from the hidden space; he slung it over his sore shoulders and quietly slipped out the window.

The Watcher's eyes trailed over the city from above. He stood on the same rooftop where he had nearly lost his life; broken concrete and piles of melted steel were all that remained of his encounter. He watched people lurking about in the darkened streets below, slipping into "hidden" entrances to go about their pathetic depravity. The Watcher rolled his eyes before pulling himself into the shadows that encased the gloomy streets. He preferred to watch from above; it was in the name, but sometimes socializing was the only way to get results.

He grit his teeth as he slipped into a dark corner and knocked on the poorly concealed door, places like this were beneath him, but sadly his associates had much lower standards. The door was thrown open, and the doorman froze in shock.

"Watcher?"

Pushing past the doorman with a huff, Midoriya made his way into the makeshift bar, eyes followed him, and conversations turned to rushed whispers as he strode through into the back. If he were anyone else, he would have been stopped before he could even think about wandering back there. He scaled the termite-ridden staircase with ease; it had been a long time since he had visited the apartments hidden above the bar. He just hoped that his old friend wasn't dead; he had favors to turn in.

The Watcher took a deep breath to calm his unexpected nerves before lifting his fist and pounding on the door emphatically.

The door was ripped open, and before he could blink, a knife was shoved to his throat with a low growl.

"Now, is that any way to greet a guest?"

"WATCHER!"

"Toga." He greeted the beaming girl.

Before he had a chance to speak again, she was dragging him into her apartment, babbling about how excited she was. He smiled under his mask, she was insane and a lot to handle, but it added to her charm. She dragged him farther into her home before stopping abruptly before screaming out.

"DABI! I HAVE A GUEST, BE NICE AND SAY HI!"

"Who-?"

The petite blonde spun around to face him again, sporting a huge grin, "My friend moved in a few months ago!!" Her face contorted into a sort of pout, "If you came by more often, you would know this though, dummy!" She ended her lecture with a soft punch to his arm.

"We are not fuckin' friends." Toga's roommate, Dabi, drew out from the doorway of what used to be the spare room.

Ah. Shit. Touya Todoroki, of fuckin course.

"So, who the fuck are you?"

"DABI! That's no way to talk to my friends!"

"Well, he's gotta be fuckin crazy to be friends with you." He looked from the blonde to Izuku, and his eyebrows shot up, "Wait. I know you!"