Chapter 3

Izuku was used to pain, and was used to getting hurt if it meant saving someone else. But Izuku would never be used to the grief he saw in his Mother's eyes every time she laid eyes on him.

Inko Midoriya was a kind woman. She cared deeply about her Izuku and would do anything to make him happy again, would protect him at all costs, but how was she supposed to protect him from himself?

She knew that what had happened to her son was her own fault. She had let horrible things happen to him, she would never truly forgive herself for that.

She knew it was her fault that he would leave all night only to come home at all hours of the morning. The one time she had brought herself to ask him about his absence, he cut her off saying, it was better than what happened last time he had disappeared.

She looked at her son with a sad smile on her face, wishing that she could take back the last 10 years and start again, Inko had never meant for any of this to happen, but when Izuku was 4 and diagnosed as quirkless, he had been so upset that he would never be a hero, she just had to do something.

If only she had known better.

Izuku loves his mother, he really does.

He knows that she blames herself for what happened in the past, no matter how much he tried, Izuku could not convince her that it wasn't her fault.

He looked at his mother now, with a sad smile on her face and pain in her eyes. He knew that he wasn't helping the situation by staying out all night and coming home looking beat up, but at this point, he had lost the will to care.

Izuku gave her his own weak attempt at a smile and turned towards the stairs. He needed to shower before he could start preparing.

Inko sighed it's now or never "Izuku" her hands shook slightly with nerves. It had been too long since she had exchanged any more than a few words with her son.

He turned to face her with a questioning gaze, and she pointed towards their kitchen table,

"Come sit. We need to talk,"

Izuku shuffled over thoroughly confused,

'I thought we were over the awkward attempts at conversation?'

He sat down obediently and watched as his mother took the seat in front of him. She couldn't meet his eyes, that put him on edge,

'it has to be bad for her to act like this.' His mind was racing a mile a minute as he tried to think of what it could possibly be that was making his mother so nervous.

She sighed softly, "Izuku, baby, please just hear me out, just talk to me ok," she needed him to hear her out. She just wanted him to be happy.

"Ok." it was one word, it made Inko so happy she could cry. In fact, she felt a tear fall down her face as she smiled up at him.

"Izuku... The entrance exams are coming up," the room was dead silent, it's clear that he didn't want to talk about this,

"no." He pushed his chair back and moved to walk away,

"IZUKU MIDORIYA, YOU WILL SIT BACK IN THAT CHAIR UNTIL I HAVE FINISHED TALKING OR SO HELP ME GOD..." She breathed heavily trying to calm down, she had never yelled at Izuku like this before, but she needed him to hear her out. He looked at her with a look of surprise before he sat back down.

That was a win for Inko!

She glanced down at the table and began, "Izuku, sweetie, please talk to me. You always wanted to be a Hero. It's all you would ever talk about when you were younger."