Chapter 23

[Ok we are back to the normal chapter now lol, what did you guys think of the flashback? Idk what I think of it]

Aizawa groaned as he pulled himself from his sleeping bag. Today was going to suck. Not only did he have to go see his problem child's mother, but he had a meeting that he had been dreading for weeks. Aizawa had a meeting with Tsukauchi... And Nezu.

After he had decided to help Izuku, he had kept Tsukauchi informed of his progress. The Chaos case was still open, but all efforts to arrest him ceased immediately. The only problem was the Hero Commission. They wouldn't accept that Izuku wanted to change, so he had to get Nezu involved. Hence the meeting today. Aizawa had been putting it off for months, but the Principle wouldn't accept excuses anymore.

He sighed as he stood up from his bed. Yes, he slept in his sleeping bag on his bed. Get over it.

He stretched his aching muscles and let his mind wander back to earlier the same day. His heart had nearly stopped when his problem child called him at 5 in the morning. He had just managed to get home after finishing his patrol. But he immediately dropped everything and ran to their cafe. The kid had really grown on him, and in some ways, was like his own child. So when he arrived and saw Izuku looking absolutely miserable, his heart broke. He didn't know why the kid and his mother had been having so many problems as of late. But he was going to do his best to help them get through it in one piece.

He grumbled under his breath as he walked towards U.A's entrance. He did not want to be here. With every step he took towards the principal's office, his mood lowered. Nezu was scary. He could send cold shivers down Aizawas spine with a single, pointed look in his direction.

This meeting was going to be HELL.

It took every ounce of courage Aizawa possessed to open his boss's door.

"You're late, Aizawa."

He looked at his watch. Shit. The mouse-man was right.

"Two Minutes exactly. Maybe next time, don't spend as much time moping about in the hallways." His tight eyed smile was unwavering. He clapped his paws together, "No matter! Take a seat next to Tsukauchi here."

Aizawa shuffled into the room with his head down and took his seat in front of the principal. He felt like a schoolboy again, getting scolded for his misbehavior.

"So! You two have been working on a case I am very interested in." his beady black eyes stared into their souls. He had a glint in them that alarmed them both.

Tsukauchi cleared his throat before answering. "Yes, the Chaos case," he pulled a notepad out of his pocket and flipped through the pages. "Chaos: aka Izuku Midoriya, age 14, Quirk: Shadow link," he closed the note pad and passed it to Nezu. "We don't know much about his past currently we are aware that he went missing from the age of 4 to 8. He ran away and was captured by Stain when he was 7. He was rescued while still with The Hero Killer Stain, but we are not sure who he spent the first 3 years of his disappearance with."

Nezu hummed thoughtfully while flipping through Tsukauchi's notes, "What an interesting young man." He grinned evilly and looked up at Aizawa, "I can't wait to meet him."

Cold sweat ran down Aizawa's back. Those two would be a nightmare together. "Ah, well, Midoriya is not good with new people. So I'm not sure if he would want to come. But I will extend the invitation." he bowed respectfully, knowing that he would do no such thing.

Nezu laughed his signature manic laugh when a knock rang out through the room. "COME IN!"

Aizawa watched in horror as his Problem child walked into the room and glanced around with cold eyes. Aizawa could tell that he hadn't slept like he had told him to do. "Kid?"

"Sup, Old Man."

"Ah, Chaos! Or should I call you Midoriya? It's nice to finally meet you!"

Izuku returned Nezu's devilish smile with one of his own, "Call me whatever you want. I couldn't care less."

The kid was going to get himself killed with his lax attitude.

Tsukauchi looked at Chaos with wide eyes. He had seen Midoriya in photos before, but it was another thing to see him in person. He looked nothing like what Tsukauchi expected when he first started on the case. He reached his hand forward to shake Midoriya's, "Midoriya. I am Tsukauchi Naomasa, the detective on your case."

Izuku looked down at the hand that was extended to him and promptly ignored it. "sup."

Nezu laughed hysterically. This kid had potential!

He composed himself before turning to Midoriya, "So, Chaos, I hear you want to be a hero?"

"Sure."

He was going to adopt this demon child. "That's great to hear! I would like to tutor you personally until then."

Aizawa wanted to crawl into a hole and die. That wasn't the plan. WHY did Nezu have to take an interest in the kid?! He was bad enough on his own, but with Nezu's influence. Oh, God. This wasn't good at all.

"What-ever you say, Rat dude."

...FUCK...