Chapter 51

Im rusty lmaoo sorry its shit. next chapter will have yall dying tho

Days flew by, and for the first time in a while, Izuku felt light. He wasn't a fool, he still held his secrets close and was careful not to let any slip, but everything seemed so much easier now. After their first after-school training session, word spread quickly.

He smirked as he stood beside Katsuki and looked over the sea of faces. Aside from Aoyama, who was busy with a pedicure appointment, all of 1A stood before him, waiting for him to teach them.

Appreciation. Such a strange word, so many interpretations.

"Not tonight."

Izuku's eyes found him instantly. "Why not, Katsuki. Scared of getting your ass beat?"

His face hardened. Even Izuku knew he could not stop him, not with that look etched into his features. "Izuku. You know why, not tonight. We will still be here tomorrow. Go home. Now."

Confused faces surrounded them. The worn gym had become a sort of home for them; some probably saw them as a makeshift family. Izuku was not a father; he was not a great teacher. He enjoys having his secrets, his torments. One day, sooner or later, all his secrets would come out. He would watch as the friends he made turned on him.

His heart was heavy as he nodded and turned. The whispered questions of his class rang in his ears; he picked up his pace as he stormed through the dormitory doors.

He needed a fight. That always calmed his raging thoughts.

The Watcher stepped through the old door and flicked the blinking lights to life.

"You are late."

Of course, he was. Aizawa was always early; he was playing a game with him. It wouldn't be a game if his adversary could rely on him.

"I had business." He stepped into the light and took his seat in front of the hero he admired so dearly.

"And that business left you soaked in drying blood?"

"Maybe." He smirked under his mask, "Unless that is your question?"

Aizawa leaned back in his chair, "I thought you had the first question tonight?"

"I appreciate your honesty. So, in all honesty, tell me, do you trust your pet pupil."

"Yes." Aizawa had taken his goggles off while he waited; they lay on the table before them, showing he had nothing to hide. "Why are you covered in blood."

"People died."

"Be more specific."

"I don't think you know me, not really. You heroes never bothered to learn what it is I do for people." He leaned forward in his seat; if he weren't wearing the mask, he could imagine Aizawa shuddering from the grave look upon his face, "I was cleaning up the messes of Chaos."

"What-?"

"Be patient, it's my turn. I want to know what you expect your pupil to do during the sports festival."

"What do you mean?"

"Izuku Midoriya has more enemies than you or I know. Do you expect him to die on live T.V? Someone is bound to recognize him; it will not end well, Aizawa."

Aizawa sighed deeply, he looked tired but not weak; he couldn't imagine Aizawa looking weak. "I don't know yet. We are doing our best to prepare. I will die before I let him get hurt because of me again. I was hoping you would help me protect him at the festival if it comes to that."