Chapter 25

"Anger is a dysfunction," Nezuk spoke from in front of him. "Get rid of it while you are here. It will serve you no purpose."

The rat-man had taken an immediate interest in Izuku Midoriya. He had the Vigilante take the U.A written examination early. He wanted to know what the boy's Intelligence levels were. He got perfect scores in every test he had taken. Yet in the questions asking his personal views on specific hero's and the hero society, his answers weren't kind.

"So you don't agree with my views?" Dead eyes stared into the rat-man, frustration evident on the child's face.

Nezu laughed, his hands shaking so hard he had to put down his tea. "I agree with every statement you made, Chaos! But I ask that you keep those views for our private lessons. We don't want anyone to think you are slipping back into your old ways, do we?"

Izuku just huffed, "I couldn't really give a shit if I'm honest, Nezu."

He laughed harder. This kid was perfect! "I know, I know. But I would like at least a year to train you before you decide to kill your peers!"

Izuku rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to kill anyone."

"Well, that takes all the fun out of it! Could you imagine how scandalous it would be!"

Chaos chuckled, "I love the way you think, rat-dude."

The pair fell into silence as Nezu flicked through his test papers again. He smirked while reading the teenager's neat script, describing every flaw in modern society he could on each page. "Chaos, I want you to take these, read through them, study them, and bring me a full report by next week." he pulled out a small stack of files from his drawer.

Izuku took them from his paws and glanced over them, confused. "Students recommended to the Hero Course?"

"Well, they are going to be your competition soon. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't give my personal student an edge, would it?" He laughed maniacally at the thought. He was going to make sure this year was not a boring one.

Izuku decided not to take his paperwork home. He didn't like being there anymore. It was a place to sleep, nothing else at this point. Instead, he dragged his feet to his and Aizawa's cafe and started reading through the files. It didn't take long before he had finished all his reports. It was only four students, not much of a challenge.

His phone had been buzzing in his pocket for a while now. He looked at the screen and saw 13 missed calls from All Might.

Great. That made Izuku super happy.

He rolled his eyes and texted the idiot,

What's up?

All Might responded in seconds.

Young Midoriya! I need to speak to you, but your mother said you were out!

I'm at the cafe, doing paperwork. You can come by if you want.

The oaf just sent him a thumbs up. He rolled his eyes.

It didn't take long for Small Might to show up.

His eyes darted around the cafe before finding Midoriya sitting at a table in the corner. He was reading through the stack of papers in front of him, lost in thought.

He took a seat in front of the teenager, who ignored him.

"Young Midoriya?"

"Toshi," he looked up from his papers before stacking them neatly and pushing them aside. "What can I help you with?"

All Might cleared his throat nervously before starting. "Well, Young Midoriya, I haven't been entirely honest with you about the nature of my quirk-"

"Oh, do you want my opinions on who to pass it along to? Personally, I think that second-year boy with the permeation quirk would be a great choice!"

All Might was stunned. How the kid could figure out every mystery in the world was beyond him. "No, Midoriya. That's not what I'm here for; I wanted to know if you would-"

Izuku cut him off again, "Oh, I get it now! You want my help with training your successor! Well, I can help!"

All Might sighed and rubbed his temples, "Midoriya, let me finish." The kid looked confused. "I want you to be the next holder of One for All."

"...."

"What the fuck?"