Chapter 15

Aizawa spent around an hour explaining how he had met Midoriya to All Might and Inko. By the end of it, All Might looked ready to collapse. He had shrunk back to his regular form once Bakugo had closed Izuku's door. He wasn't sure what All Might was feeling, but he still wanted answers of his own.

"I've told you what I know. Now I think I deserve answers, no more of that classified bull."

Toshinori looked at Inko, asking her permission with guilt in his eyes. She sighed before deciding that it was better if she told him.

"I can't tell you everything, Aizawa. Like I said before, this is his story to tell. You will have to wait until he is ready." she looked down into her teacup with pain in her eyes. "When he was four, I sent him away. I won't tell you why or to whom. But he was only supposed to be gone for a month, and after a week, I lost contact with him. He wasn't treated well." at this point, the tears were falling freely, "he ran away after three years. And my baby ran straight into the arms of a villain."

She cleared her throat and wiped the tears from her cheeks before continuing. "I don't know the details, but I do know that Izuku accepted the villain as family. And that he was treated well. But it went too far. He decided that he wanted to follow in his footsteps. He wanted to be like the man who had saved him. And for a year, they worked together, until All Might rescued him." she took another sip of her tea, "he didn't take it well, to put it lightly. He tried to fight All Might. He wanted to go back."

"That man had poisoned my son's mind. He had convinced Izuku that only the people he deemed 'worthy' should be allowed to live and that he should kill the heroes who didn't fit his code." she sighed again, lost in her thoughts,

"It took a few months before he stopped trying to escape, and around 8 months after I got him back was the first time I saw Chaos on the news. I was scared. I thought it might have been the man who had taken Izuku, so I called All Might and made him tell me who it was."

"And that's how I found out that my son had murdered people. He had taken lives at 7 years old. And he had done it because a villain had asked him nicely." She was falling deeper and deeper into her grief with every word. "He spent a year with the Hero Killer Stain, Aizawa. And he had done whatever he was asked to do."

Aizawa's head was spinning. He felt sick to his stomach. His kid had been through all that and still wanted to be a hero? He couldn't believe how strong he was. But there were still so many questions left unanswered. He thanked Inko for telling him and went to go check on the boys before he left. He tapped lightly on the door before he opened it. He didn't want to give them a fright if they were awake.

Midoriya's lamp was on and let him see the boys clearly. Izuku was still held tightly in Bakugo's arms as the two of them slept. They clung to each other as if they could disappear any second. It hurt Aizawa's heart to see them like this, both broken by things they would never have been able to control. At least they had each other, he knew Bakugo was the only thing keeping Midoriya stable at this point, and he wanted to help them in any way he could.

What had Aizawa managed to get himself into? He knew that the problem child had secrets, but this was fucking insane.

He was still processing that the kid he had grown to care for had killed people. He had murdered heroes. And instead of becoming a hero, he had become a Vigilante. At least he didn't try to follow in Stain's footsteps.