Chapter 31

[ITS BEEN 4 DAYS WITHOUT ME POSTING I AM SOOOOO SORRY!!! I HAVE BEEN ASLEEP!!]

Izuku woke up feeling warm. Sleep was rare for him, but sleeping at Katsuki's was easy. It was comforting. In his embrace, the world seemed to stop. Izuku's mind was at peace with itself. The alarm blared noisily beside them, but it still took a few minutes for Katsuki to stir. The blond groaned beside him, flopping over to slam his hand down on the snooze button. He smiled fondly at Katsuki, "you need to wake up."

"I don' need to do shit." He mumbled sleepily. His eyes stayed closed as he snuggled into the blankets.

"We start U.A today, you dumbass." He laughed when Katsuki's eyes flew open, and he threw the blankets off him, "why the fuck didn't you wake me up sooner! We only have 2 hours!"

"Oh no! only two hours?! It's not like it only takes 15 minutes to get to school! What are we going to do!?"

Izuku hit the floor with a thump, "I don't need your fuckin sarcasm today. put your uniform on Izuku!"

He pulled himself from the floor, struggling through his laughter. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming."

Izuku and Katsuki walked to school together a lot. But now it was different; there was no dread, there was no impending loneliness. Izuku had always hated watching Katsuki disappear behind the school gates. Knowing he would be alone for the next 7 hours.

Now, as they walked side by side toward U.A., things were different. Izuku felt light; he could feel a smile pulling at his lips as they talked about everything and nothing. They were going to be in the same class for the next three years. He wasn't going to be alone.

Walking through the gates was daunting. It was different from the exam; there was a sort of certainty to it. They had passed. They had got in. And then they had gotten hopelessly lost.

Izuku thought it was funny; he knew where 1A was; he had been there before with Nezu. But watching Katsuki panic inside was worth being late. They found the right door after 15 minutes of searching. Izuku hadn't bothered to check his class list, but he found himself wishing he did. He didn't want to see the blue-haired kid who yelled at him during the exam introduction.

Regardless of his inner anxieties, he pushed the (giant) door open with a sigh. He glanced around the room; nearly every seat was full. The blue-haired kid stood in front of the class, lecturing them all on proper classroom etiquette. He almost laughed; the kid was such a snobby bastard.

He looked at Katsuki, who just shrugged and moved to take a seat by the window. He kicked his feet up onto the desk and leaned back in his chair, sending Izuku a wink. The kid lost his shit. He immediately turned his lecture to Katsuki, demanding he take his feet off the desk and apologize for his actions. Izuku was barely keeping his laughter in when the brown-haired girl from the exams showed up behind him, "Oh! that curly hair! You're the one who saved me from the Zero-Pointer!"

Every head in the room turned to look at them. Izuku wanted to disappear and hide. Why could no one respect his privacy? "Oh, yeah." he tried to think of something smart to say, "Uh, how's your leg? You broke it pretty badly, right?"

She flushed bright red and looked at the floor, "Yeah, it was pretty mangled, but recovery-girl healed it up nicely!" she beamed at him.

He felt the air change. Aizawa was coming. He tried to escape to his chair, but the girl would not stop talking.

"Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends." His teacher laid on the hallway floor wrapped up in his yellow sleeping bag. It was like he WANTED to traumatize his students. None of them would ever be able to look at a caterpillar the same after this. "This is the Hero course."

He stood up and unzipped his cocoon. "It took you eight seconds to shut up. Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough." His eyes glanced over all the students before him, only hovering on Izuku for a few seconds. "I am your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Nice to meet you. Now get your gym gear on, and meet me out at the field."

He looked at Izuku with tired eyes, "And problem child, come with me."