Chapter 10

Izuku forced his eyes open to his dimly lit room. Though it was daytime, his curtains were still closed, keeping the sunlight out of his cold room. The hangover felt like a balloon under his skull, slowly expanding, pressure increasing with every breath of stale air.

The weight of the night before started to settle on his shoulders, his body felt heavy, yet, he felt like nothing.

After around an hour of suffering, sipping at water, and holding back choked sobs, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Damn, that thing was resilient. The light felt like it was blinding him when he turned the screen on, sending another wave of burning pain through his head.

I'm outside your building problem child. I'm coming up.

Well, that's ok. Izuku didn't want to live anyway.

After a few minutes, Izuku could hear Eraserhead outside his window, he ducked his head under his blankets to save his eyes from the sun. He didn't bother to look up when Aizawa was inside, and his curtains were closed again.

"Midoriya," his voice was strained.

Great, Izuku thought, now he's mad at me. This is fine.

He didn't bother to answer him properly, just grunted. Wow, Katsuki really was rubbing off on him.

Funky.

Aizawa looked at the pile of blankets with bright green curls poking out the top, and his anger dissipated. He was upset, he was disappointed. But he couldn't be mad, looking at the broken boy in front of him.

Aizawa pulled the kid's desk chair out and turned it to face the kid's bed. He had to push bits of metal and some screwdrivers off first, but he sat down.

"Midoriya, I'm not angry with you. I just want to talk,"

'well shit, it's the "I'm not mad, just disappointed" talk."

Izuku peeked his tired eyes out from under the covers, pulling them down to his nose. He looked at Aizawa, and the guilt hit him like a train. His teacher looked genuinely worried, though he tried to cover it with his stern expression.

"What's up, old man?" His voice was hoarse and stung his throat.

"You know 'what's up' Midoriya, could you tell me WHY I found you passed out drunk at 4 in the morning?"

His head pounded with every word, and he struggled to even open his mouth and respond.

"Dunno. Was having a bad day." even in his state, a smirk pulled at his lips.

Aizawa sighed. He had been doing that a lot lately.

"Kid, you could have called me. Why did you think it would be a good idea to get wasted on the roof?"

"I'm not very good at talking to people, Aizawa."

"Yeah, kid, I've noticed."

"I'm sorry." Empty words. The word sorry is so insignificant and meaningless. Sorry doesn't fix the pain he has caused. Sorry is just a word. And it never makes a difference. The guilt would never leave him. He had accepted that now.

"I know, kid. I know." he could see that the kid was on a downward spiral, and he would do everything in his power to stop it.

"Midoriya, I'm giving you the day off to recover. But tomorrow we are going to be changing things up a bit."

That caught Izuku's attention. Aizawa wasn't one to change their routine on a whim. "What are we doin'?"

"We have a new teacher joining U.A at the start of the term. He's useless and doesn't know shit about teaching, so I'm bringing him along to sit in on your training." The kid looked wrecked, he looked like he would pass out again any second. "Be at the beach by 7am. I'll wait for you there."

He stood up to head back out, and left Midoriya to sleep it off.

"And bring coffee."