Chapter 19

[Pfft, Imagine living a double life? Izukus got to remember 3 separate lives]

Aizawa cut their patrol short. They had spent hours running over buildings and through the backroads, looking for something. ANYTHING. But the streets were quiet. They didn't find a single villain, which only added to Izuku's stress. They both knew that it wasn't a good sign. The criminals weren't on the street, which meant they were somewhere else. They were planning something. Izuku would need to find out.

His headache only grew when Aizawa insisted on walking him home. Of all the damn nights.

Aizawa was worried, he wasn'

t a worrier by nature, but the kid just bought that out in him. Midoriya looked dead on his feet like he hadn't slept in days. He always looked tired, but today(night?) was even worse. The lack of villains was also concerning. He would have to talk to Tsukauchi about it.

He wanted to make sure the kid got home safe, but the look of horror on Midoriya's face when he offered to walk with him alarmed him. He didn't give the kid an option after that. He was going to see what was wrong.

When they rounded the corner, he tried to convince Aizawa to leave, he refused. He tried it again when they walked up the steps of his building. He could see the kid becoming increasingly flustered. 'What the hell is going on with him?' They got to his door, and Midoriya tried to send him off AGAIN.

"Open the damn door, kid."

Midoriya sighed and did as he was told. The door opened, and they were met with a red-eyed Inko. The poor woman was in an absolute state. She had clearly been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy, with tear tracks running down her face. She looked over Midoriya frantically. "Are you ok?! Have you been with Aizawa?!" she looked at Aizawa and repeated her questioning.

Aizawa sent an accusing glare to the problem child, "you didn't tell her you were going out?! Jesus Midoriya, it's 3 in the morning!"

Izuku couldn't decide if he was pissed off or guilty. His emotions were a mess. Constantly contradicting each other. He sighed angrily, "not my fault she didn't want to hear what I had to say." He pushed past his mother and made his way up to his room. He heard the waterworks start halfway up the stairs.

Aizawa was confused, to put it lightly. He turned to Inko, who had started crying again. "What does he mean?" he was beyond concerned, "Are you ok?"

She waved him in and gave him a cup of coffee, and they took a seat at the table. He sensed a long talk approaching.

"He snuck out again earlier. He left around 8 and came back around 10." Inko wiped her eyes, but the tears kept falling. "I don't know what I am supposed to do with him anymore."

"Where did he go?" He wasn't good at consoling people. He wasn't very good at understanding emotions in general.

"I don't really know. Izuku said he didn't go out as Chaos, so he wasn't breaking the rules. He said an old friend was back in town, so he went to figure out what he was up to."

She breathed heavily and gave up on trying to control her tears. "I don't know if I should tell you this or not, I don't know if it will get Izuku in legal trouble, but I don't know what else to do." She took a deep breath before starting again. "He said he had a 'peaceful meeting.' My son went out and had a meeting with a bunch of criminals. I don't even know who he is looking for. I haven't seen anything on the news about Stain being in town." She let out a choked sob, "Is my child in danger, Aizawa?"

He listened intently. He had no idea how to process what Inko was telling him. "I'm going to be frank with you, Inko," he sighed and rubbed his eyes, "without knowing who he met with, my best guess would be that he is trying to track down Stain. But, honestly, he has been a vigilante for so long at this point that he could have made any number of enemies. He could have heard one of them was looking for him and went to investigate. Honestly, Inko, I can't answer your question without knowing what he was doing first."

"I don't think I can do this anymore." She looked down at her hands, "I just can't take it. My own son barely speaks to me. He sneaks off every chance he gets and does god knows what. He has been breaking the law for years. I looked Chaos up online the other day, I was horrified. He took down an entire cartel because they called him short!"

"I don't know who he is anymore, Aizawa. I can't control him, and I'm scared that the life he has chosen is going to get the best of him." She looked up at Aizawa, pain etched into every inch of her face, 

"I don't want to bury my son."