Chapter 8

After a few weeks, Aizawa and Izuku were doing well with their new routine. Monday to Thursday, they patroled together at night, and Friday to Saturday, they spent training at The Takoba Municipal Beach Park. Sundays were their day off (Aizawa didn't want a repeat of what happened last time he tried to stop Izuku on his way to Bakugo's house).

But today was different.

Monday morning, Izuku woke up and walked Katsuki to school like normal, but instead of heading home to work on his analysis, he walked to the 24hr cafe that had become his and Aizawa's meeting spot.

Aizawa wanted to meet his mother, and damn this was going to suck for Izuku. He walked in and found Aizawa easily. He was sitting at their regular table with two large to-go cups of coffee. He sat down across from Aizawa and sighed, "be easy on her."

"Of course." He handed Izuku one of the cups and headed for the door.

Izuku sighed and followed behind him, questioning his entire life.

Poor Inko was in a state. She was running around her small apartment, cleaning everything she could. Izuku had left on Sunday as he usually does, but this time, instead of a quick "goodbye" or a "see you later," he had said that he was bringing someone over to meet her in the morning!

She didn't know what time they were coming, or even who he was bringing, and she was in a frenzy. She was sure her heart stopped when the doorbell rang, and she heard the doorknob turning. She used her quirk to throw all her cleaning supplies into the nearest cupboard and close the door.

She quickly fixed her hair and flattened out the creases in her skirt.

"Izuku!" Her son came in with red cheeks and looking more embarrassed than she had seen him in a long time,

"Hey mum," he cleared his throat, "this is Aizawa," he murmured, waving in his guest.

Inko was shocked, to say the least. She didn't know what she was expecting, but this certainly wasn't it. A man clearly much older than her son with tired eyes, scruffy hair, and an unshaven face.

"Oh, uhm. Hello! Would you like some tea?" she asked while pointing them in the direction of their living room to take a seat.

"No thanks, Mum, we got coffee on the way," her son answered while leading him to the lounge.

She was still in a slight state of shock but followed the pair and took a seat facing them both. Aizawa was the one to break the silence,

"Ma'am, I don't know how much your son has told you about the situation-"

"She knows nothing," Izuku cut in.

Aizawa looked surprised but recovered quickly.

"Well, that will make it more difficult," he looked back at Inko and continued. "Your son is the Vigilante Chaos."

"THAT'S NOT BEING EASY ON HER AIZAWA!"

This time Inko was sure her heart had really stopped, "WHAT!?"

"AIZAWA, YOU DIMWIT, SHE STILL DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE!"

"I am Pro hero Eraserhead, and don't worry, he's not in trouble."

Her poor head was still spinning, and her eyes were glazed over with unshed tears. "What is going on?" she looked at Izuku, "I knew you were up to something, Izuku, but this? I thought you were sneaking out to see Katsuki! Not breaking the law! Jesus Christ, Izuku, I have seen you on the news! Fighting crime?! Being chased by Pro Heroes?! What the absolute HELL!"

He smiled at her weakly, "at least I wasn't doing drugs, right?"

"IZUKU MIDORIYA DRUGS WOULD HAVE BEEN SAFER THAN THIS" She actually stood up as she yelled at him. She had never, in her life, yelled as much as she had done today. "AND YOU!" She turned to point an accusing finger at Aizawa, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?! HUH?!"

Aizawa had kept his face neutral through the whole lecture,

"I was part of the team trying to arrest him."

Well, now Inko was absolutely FUMING.

"I have convinced your son to stop all of his Vigilante activities without my supervision. And we have made a deal that over the next 10 months, he will train with me in preparation for the U.A entrance exams. And if he passes, I will be his homeroom teacher."

"Why, why are you going to help him." It was a simple question, but it took a while before the hero answered.

"Because when I looked at him, I saw a lost child who needed help before he got himself in too deep."