Chapter 40

Izuku had been awake for a few hours. It was clear he had made it back to the hospital, though, he wasn't sure how exactly.

His head throbbed, the bright lights and overwhelming stench of sanitizer slowly driving him mad. He didn't know what was going on; he was strapped to the bed again, tied down and unable to move even an inch, no one had been in to check on him, and Katsuki wasn't waiting by his side. But most surprising to him was the numbness.

He felt nothing, not an ache, not a pain, nothing. He had checked his quirks, all present and accounted for, but the pain was gone. Even with suppressors, the pain was still constant. His body wasn't dying, but he was still slowly decaying. But now, there was nothing.

Izuku could have cried from relief if he was a little bitch.

It felt like hours, left alone with only his thoughts as company before a nurse came in to check on him. He watched her silently as she walked through the room, checking his vitals and drips; she paid him no mind until he cleared his throat. Her face was comical, eyes blown wide and mouth hanging open in shock. She didn't speak, just scampered out of the room. He rolled his eyes. He was hoping she would at least take some of the restraints off, his neck was stiff, and it would be nice to at least sit up.

It wasn't long after the nurse had left that there was knocking at the door.

He didn't have a chance to call out before it opened. He was hopeful to see a head of spikey blond hair and blood-red eyes, so for the first time, he was disappointed to see Aizawa. He was followed closely behind by Tsukauchi.

His teacher was wrapped head to toe in white bandages; he was walking which must be a good sign. Tsukauchi was in his average work suit; he looked stressed, more than usual at least. The silence was awkward. Izuku was straining to look at them, unable to move from the restraints. When neither of the adults in the room made the first move, he rolled his eyes, "You gonna talk?"

Tsukauchi sighed. "Midoriya, we understand that you have been through a lot-"

"I'm confused; is this an intervention?"

"This is no time for jokes, problem child," Aizawa grumbled.

"Right," Tsukauchi continued, "you need to explain to us what exactly happened."

The pair sat in the visitor's seats next to his bed and stared at him expectantly, "I don't really know-"

"Lie."

He sighed, Tsukauchi's quirk was a pain in his ass. "Look, I left the fuckin hospital. I was in pain, not thinking properly, walked around for ages, and got myself kidnapped. Thanks for your help with that, by the way." He huffed.

Aizawa glared at him through the bandages, "It's not our fault your dumb ass decided to break out of the place keeping you safe."

"Yeah, whatever." Izuku grumbled, still pissed off, "so can I get these fucking restraints off?? I'm not a damn prisoner; I can't even move my goddamn head."

Aizawa gave him a funny look. "Kid, your neck is broken. The restraints aren't coming off till you are cooperative."

"WELL, ISN'T THAT JUST FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC."

Tsukauchi cut in again, "Look, Midoriya, we understand that this isn't a good situation to be in, and we get that it is more complicated with your... History. But, we need to know what happened and who you were with."

"Ok, I was kidnapped. I woke up in a weird tube thing; it was full of liquid; I had pipes in my nose and mouth. I got out, broke some bones. There was a weird ugly-ass dude there; he told me he wanted to talk; I asked what the fuck the guy wanted, he grabbed my head, and I woke up here."

Aizawa glanced at Tsukauchi, who nodded. True. Thank god.

"Do you know who the guy was?"

Well, shit. "Pretty sure it's the guy who runs the League of Villains."

"True. Thank you for your help Midoriya. Do you have any questions?"

"Yeah, where the fuck is Katsuki?"

Aizawa laughed. "He's outside; you weren't allowed guests until after you have had your questioning."

Izuku rolled his eyes, "Whatever, also, can I get my phone."

The pair left after letting a nurse know they were done and letting Katsuki into the room. Katsuki didn't go easy on the lecture; he was pissed.

Izuku didn't know how many times he had apologized, but by the look on his face, it would be awhile before he trusted his stupid ass again. Katsuki fished his phone out of his bag and dialed his mother's number for him; it was odd having Katsuki hold his phone up to his ear. He didn't really want to talk to his mother, and from what he had gathered, she hadn't been to see him once, not even leaving work after being told he was missing.

Kinda rude.

She picked up on the third ring; she sounded tired, probably her day off. "So they found you?"

"Clearly."

"Where'd you go?"

He glanced at Katsuki, who couldn't hear what his mother was saying, "Nowhere willingly."

He heard her sigh, "What trouble did you get yourself into now, Izuku?"

"None that concerns you."

"So, what do you want?"

"I need my legal guardian, who happens to be you, to come and get me discharged."

"I'll be over in 20 minutes. How bad is it? I don't have any money for meds."

"Well, my neck is broken, so nothing serious."

She sighed again, "see you soon."

He rolled his eyes as the beeping; his mother loved to have the last word. He looked over to Katsuki, "she's hung up. Thank's."

"It's all good; you sure you're ready to go home, though?"

"Yeah, I want to be able to move. And once I've rested, I can get Recovery Girl to heal it. So I will be fine tomorrow."

Katsuki stared at him for a few minutes, "I'll stay at yours tonight. Make sure you don't go loopy again. I'll get my dad to drive us to U.A tomorrow, nice and early to get your neck healed."