Chapter 45

Katsuki had come by once he had finished setting up his room. He and Izuku lounged around for the rest of the day, skillfully avoiding their classmates.

It almost felt as if things were back to normal; Katsuki laying on Izuku's bed while Izuku worked on cases at his desk, occasionally chatting about everything and nothing. But the insistent knocking at his door pulled them from their comfort and back to reality; they weren't alone, there wasn't privacy, they were sharing a living space with 20 nosey immature teenagers.

Izuku rolled his eyes; they weren't getting the idea that he wanted to be left alone, enjoying his short time with Katsuki while he could. He was about to throw his chair back and yell at the annoyance banging on his door when Katsuki beat him to it. The blond stomped over to Izuku's door, grumbling about what he would do to the poor soul interrupting his nap. He threw the door open and set a deadly glare on his face.

"MIDORIYA, WE ARE LOOKING AROUND ALL THE ROOMS! YOU SHOULD COME WITH US-" Uraraka looked confused for a moment, "Oh, Bakugou! What are you doing here??"

"Telling you lot to fuck right off pink cheeks! It's 8 o'clock! WE ARE TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP!" He slammed the door in her face with a huff. "Fuckin assholes trying to get up in our business."

"Thanks for that; that noise was driving me mad." Izuku was still sitting at his desk, browsing through case files that he had stolen from Tsukauchi.

"They just don't know when to fucking stop, do they?! Pisses me off."

"They are all power-hungry idiots who don't know the meaning of boundaries." He glanced up at Katsuki, who was reading over his shoulder, "You should get some sleep; I have a lot of work to do. I'll be up late."

"Are you breaking out already?"

"Maybe, depends on if I can get this finished."

Katsuki rolled his eyes, a gentle smile pulling at his face, "try and get some sleep; we have class as normal tomorrow."

It was an unspoken agreement between them; Katsuki didn't want Izuku to get kidnapped again, and Izuku couldn't stand being in an unfamiliar place, so Katsuki bought his pillow and blanket with him and curled up to sleep on Izuku's bed. Izuku switched the lights off and continued working; Aizawa didn't question where he got his top-secret information from, and Tsukauchi had yet to notice that his computer had been hacked.

He was up until 3 AM reading through villain files; he spent hours reading through every interrogation of the villains from the USJ; he needed proof that it wasn't his fault, that there was another reason. All Might, it turned out, was the reason.

The villains had come with a plan to destroy the number 1 hero. But in the hours before the attack, Shigaraki had lost it; screaming, over and over about Chaos. The villains wouldn't have known what he meant, but Tsukauchi and Aizawa were sure too. They knew that Shigaraki knew him, at least as Chaos. That explained the questioning at the hospital. He groaned in frustration; shit was getting more complicated by the day.

The room felt as if it was closing in on him. He felt as insignificant as an ant on the sidewalk, sitting and waiting for someone to stand on him. He was angry, his class had been attacked, he was kidnapped, and Aizawa had gotten hurt, all because of his fucked up family. Izuku pushed his chair back and walked over to his closet; it was still confusing being in a new room. He put a jacket on and pulled his shoes onto his feet. Glancing at Katsuki, who was sleeping peacefully, helped calm his raging emotions. He escaped out his window feeling a bit better.

Izuku hated being himself. It was easier to be someone else; his father had made The Watcher, and for years he resented that identity, but after a while, he had made it his own; Stain had helped him do that. But then Stain was gone, and he didn't want to be The Watcher anymore; he was bitter, despising society and the people who created it; he needed to cause chaos. And so he did.

Being Izuku, he couldn't make changes, people didn't listen to Izuku, but Aizawa had fixed that, he could be a hero, and he could do the things that Chaos was supposed to do. As he walked down the darkened streets, he saw the irony; the promising hero was at heart, still the villain.

He never wanted this life, it was forced on him, yet he had kept it. Izuku could have burned The Watcher; he could have kept Chaos as a dark thought in the back of his mind, but instead, he proved them all right. He hadn't meant to, but he did it unconsciously. The border between hero and villain is blurred, and Izuku was fine dancing on that line, but as he looked back on his life, he realized that he had stepped over it a long time ago.

Izuku Midoriya was a villain; he didn't want that.