𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪 𝐮 𝐞

F R I A B L E
(adj.) easily broken into pieces or reduced to nothing

•  •  •

"You should go." No, I shouldn't. I'm not the one who leading this whole thing, it's Alec and it's his duty. He feels bad, I can see it; Dominic doesn't take him seriously yet talks to me as if I'm boss.

"No." I answered, watching the tv as I lay on the couch covered with around three blankets while stuffing my face with ice cream — chocolate of course, the best flavour.

"Amara, you've been sitting there for six days now, get the fuck up." Mason sat on my legs, grabbing the spoon from me as he took a bite.

The audacity to eat my ice cream.

Snatching the spoon back, I rolled my eyes. "As long as this bruise doesn't fade, I won't move."

I thought it was bad when I woke up, the next day half of my swelled up and I couldn't even open my right eye. I look ugly. But hey, at least it's opened up now.

"It's almost gone," Mason lied to me as he smiled. "Amara, you have to go, Alec's away he's gone down to New Jersey for our shipment." Why the fuck do I not know this?

"When did he go?" I asked Mason as I paused my show.

"Yesterday," Mason said. "He did come over to tell you before he left but you said that no one should disturb you no matter what's going on." They're all actually stupid. Getting our shipment is a huge deal, the shit I have to do to make sure everything goes as planned and nothing goes sideways, I can't do it now.

"Fuck," I muttered sitting up, throwing the blanket off my and onto Mason. "I'm gonna go see Dominic." We've given this man enough time to contact his brother and let me know what's going on.

Where the fuck did I get this sudden burst of productivity?

"I'll drive you there."

I didn't bother covering up my bruise, but unfortunately, I did have to dress up; a beige, ruched, body-con dress that came down to my knees hugged my figure completely. Dominic and his stupid rules.

"Sammy!" I smiled at the guy who noticed me first, his arms up in the air.

"Amara!" He exclaimed, giving me a quick hug over the bar. "Woah, that looks painful." He observed my bruised face as he grabbed a glass.

"It is, should've seen it a few days ago." I sniggered as I watched his pick up my usual whiskey bottle. "Oh no, nothing for me today." I shook my head, quickly looking around to see if Dominic's here.

"Oh," He pursed his lips as be put down the bottle. "You're here for him, he did tell me actually... that you might stop by for him." I looked at Sammy with my brows etched together, watching him walk around the bar as he signalled me to follow him and so I did.

He punched in the code that was by the door that, weirdly, I've never noticed.

"Stay with me." Sammy said with all seriousness, as he walked up the stairs that started off right as you entered through the door; the stairs made of glass with red lights illuminating everywhere.

I shut the door behind me, the air here completely different; lighter and it smelled feminine? Like sweet perfume lingered in the air and closer we got to the top, I could hear music. Getting closer and closer, I could feel the vibrations from the music on the ground beneath my feet, and saying I'm confused will be an understatement.

"Now, Amara, I want you to stay close." Sammy looked back at me, confusion taken over my thoughts.

What is this place?