𝐬 𝐞 𝐱 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐨 𝐜 𝐭 𝐨

H A L C Y O N
(adj.) a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful.

•   •   •

"You're back." I muttered as I stared at a clean shaven Dominic standing in my doorway, looking much younger as he wore a hoodie with the hood up, a puffy coat over that and joggers.

"You don't seem too happy," He smirked and I sniggered. "I mean, you did move on pretty quickly." Oh, he's the one to talk.

I can't tell if I'm happy to see him safe and sound or if I wanna deck him in the face.

"Please, I'm not you." I scoffed and he gave me an amused look at my response.

"So," He had his hands stuffed in his pocket, skin pale as his face was rosy. "Are you not gonna invite me in? It's getting cold out here." He jerked a brow and I rolled my eyes, opening my door widen up.

Gus walked up from behind, eyeing Dominic from behind before looking at me.

"You good?" He asked with concern, standing tall and I nodded, Dominic turning around to face him once he walked in, wearing a new cologne that I don't really like.

"Yeah, come on in, Gus." I smiled at him and Gus nodded.

"Who's the kid?" Dominic sniggered as he looked Gus up and down, Gus clenching his jaw before eyeing him up and down too, a scoff escaping his lips before he walked into the living room.

"Landon's friend."

And with that I shut the door, leaving and walking into the living room with Dominic following me. To say it went silent was an understatement.

"No one's dead," Dominic broke the awkward silence, Lorenzo's eyes set sternly on his brother who looked like he had drank before he came here. "You can ease up." Dominic laughed to himself as he pulled his hood down, his hair a bit shorter and a fresh fade.

God, he's changed a lot.

"Brother." Lorenzo gave him a nod and Dominic smirked, looking at his brother up and down, sniffling from the cold.

It was quiet still, everyone looking between the two and how they glared at each other.

"Thought you were never coming back to New York." Dominic bitterly asked, clenching his jaw, an obnoxious smirk still playing on his lips and I rolled my eyes.

"I changed my mind." Lorenzo's answer was straight and simple, Dominic glancing away as he sniggered with attitude.

"Happy birthday, brother." Suddenly, Dominic engulfed his brother in a hug, Lorenzo taken aback as he looked at me surprised. I mean, so am I.

Lorenzo the patted his brother's back, this is not what I expected Dominic to do. I thought he'd create a scene per usual, throw a tantrum and then leave.

Staying like that for a few more seconds, Dominic closing his eyes and this is the first time I've seen him so comfortable with each other.

Pulling away, Dominic turned around to stop his eyes at Flavio. "Hey, um, can I stay with you for a while?" He asked unsure, rubbing the back of his neck, Flavio stepping out from behind Alec as he furrowed his brows.

"Yeah, sure, man," Flavio nodded as he looked at Dominic up and down. "What happened to your place?"

"I, uh, blew it up..." Huh?!

"What?"

"What the fuck."

"This ain't it."