𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐧 𝐨 𝐯 𝐞 𝐦

S O N D E R
(n.) the realisation that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own

• • •

"Vianello." I smiled bitterly at Gianna, seeing her after out little meet in Landon's school.

"Torres." She sniggered, her husband tired of her already as he eyed his wife.

"Hello, Amara, dear," He gave me a small smile and I looked up at the middle aged, dull and tired man.

"Jason." I gave him a firm nod but didn't miss the daggers his wife was sending me with her eyes.

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" Gianna raised her thin brow, eyeing Lorenzo who stood next to me, his arm wrapped around my waist lightly.

I smirked, they didn't believe who Dominic was last time, let's hope they believe Lorenzo. "Gianna and Jason Vianello," I looked up at Lorenzo who nodded like he was interested but his smirk told me otherwise. "And this is Lorenzo." I placed my hand on his chest and Gianna and Jason looked at him with confusion like they don't recognise him.

"D'Agostino," Jason's expressions dropped and Gianna's eyebrows only raised higher, reaching for her receding hairline. "Lorenzo D'Agostino." He popped his hand out and Jason eyed it, hesitantly reaching for it before Lorenzo firmly gave him a handshake.

"I remember you," Jason gave him a small smile and Lorenzo looked at him as if he already knew. "You were only a teenager, attending a meeting with your father so you'd know what it would be like once you take over." Jason smiled and Lorenzo nodded, they weirdly look like they'd get along. Gianna didn't seem to happy about that.

Even though I'm standing here, smiling as I stood arm in arm with Lorenzo, I cannot get that son of a bitch out my head.

Atlas can't be alive, there's no way.

"That was years ago, I was probably around eighteen... I think." Lorenzo's fingers were gently squeezing my waist and as much as I tried focusing on them, it was all directed towards his hand.

"I was pretty new into this too back then." I bet, Lorenzo was eighteen about sixteen years ago.

Their smiles started to fade and Jason furrowed his brows, looking behind him then back at Lorenzo.

"You haven't heard, have you?" Jason smirked as he looked up and Lorenzo.

This doesn't sound good.

"Hear what?" Lorenzo questioned Jason who looked at Gianna, her Wicked Witch of the East smirk returning on her paper thin lips.

"DeAngelo's and D'Agostino's are here," Jason informed him and Lorenzo's jaw clenched so fast. "Your family's outside, in the garden," Jason tucked his hand into his pocket. "Good luck, D'Agostino, see you around," He patted Lorenzo's shoulder and when I looked at his eyes it looked like he could kill anyone around him. "Amara." Jason smiled at me and with that, both Vianello's walked off.

I didn't even know there were more D'Agostino's and that DeAngelo's were a thing. These guys are like an infestation, keep seeing one more after another.

"Lorenzo?" I looked up at him, this is the most angered I've ever seen him.

His jaw clenched, prominent through his stubbled jaw and his eyes glaring at the exit to the garden, a bunch of people outside. This hit a nerve for him.

"We need to get Dominic." He told me, his voice as calm as ever but the hint of a deadly tone in it did not want me to question him.

"He's right there." I was staring at Dominic considering he was staring at me first.