𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐝 𝐞 𝐜 𝐢 𝐦

R E T R O U V A I L L E
(n.) the joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long separation; rediscovery

• • •

"Castellanos." I stood up, a smirk on my lips as well as his, noticing his eyes admiring me.

I can't deny the fact this man is absolutely gorgeous; his stubble suiting his long and structured face, his caramel skin so shiny and smooth with his nose perfectly straight. What I'm more attracted to him by is his eyes; one a baby blue colour and the other a light green that are framed by thick lashes.

Though, Dominic's eyes are the only to make me feel a certain way; his eyes so dark it weirdly feels welcoming at a certain point. Wait, why am I bringing him up anyway? I'm losing my mind.

"Really, Amara?" His voice deep as we greeted each other with a kiss on the cheek, feeling his hand graze my back.

"Just trying to be professional." We both sat down, I noticed he also wore white; his shirt's sleeves rolled up to his elbows with the first few buttons undone showing off his toned chest.

"When have we ever been professional?" He smirked, so clearly checking me out and I bit down on my lip trying to contain a smirk.

"From now we will," I assured him and he jerked a brow in response.

He's a few years older than me... and by that, I mean seven years. It's his age that makes him more attractive, he aged like fine wine.

"If you say so." He said in a mocking tone as if I won't stick to my words. I didn't last time but this time, I definitely will.

"How have you been, Grey?" I asked him and he gave me a soft smile. He's been away, probably London again, where he grew up.

"Great, I've missed you though but you never keep in contact." He clasped his hands and yeah, I do feel bad about that but I just get so busy I forget that I have friends.

"I'm sorry, Grey... I've missed you too." I dropped my smirk leaning forwards as I folded my arms.

"What's wrong, Amara?" I raised a brow at his question. "I can just tell by looking at you, your energy's off." His last words made me lightly laugh, seeing a smile on his face.

"There's a slight problem, G," I sighed and he was all ears. "I think someone new's in town," I told him and he furrowed his thick and dark brows.

"What?" He asked with disbelief and I nodded.

I explained to him what I've noticed, telling him everything and he listened, nodding. Like always, he's been here to listen to my problems, a shoulder to lean on, a person I can trust more than anything.

"I didn't wanna tell anyone, they'll panic, but I know you can help me," I told him and he pursed his lips, thinking.

"I need more information on this, Mar," He sighed and I leaned back in my chair. "What areas were you attacked in?" He asked suddenly and I looked at him a little confused but told him anyway.

"Once was in the Torres area actually, the other time was just outside Salgado's area and another time was in... Lakewood." I told him and he sat up, uncrossing his legs as he moved forwards.