𝐨 𝐜 𝐭 𝐨 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐮 𝐧 𝐮 𝐬

A N D R À   T U T T O   B E N E
Everything will be alright.

•   •   •

I stared at the smile I grew to love, those precious eyes that looked at me like I was the only thing worth loving.

I wiped my phone screen with my thumb, the tear that cascaded down my cheek fell on her face, her face blurring through the droplet and I clenched my jaw.

That's all she is now, a face on the screen of my phone.

I took a swig of her favourite whiskey, the memories flooding back in from the day I bought her this bottle; doubtful if she'd like it but she grew fond of it more than I expected.

I scrolled through the photos, the more I saw her face, her smile, her eyes; it drove me over the edge. Tears spilling out my eyes, crying like a fool.

I filled my empty heart with her whiskey, downing it as the alcohol burned my throat but it felt nice, the fact that after another few swigs, I'd probably blackout and that's another day over... without her.

"Six months," I muttered, my throat sore as I spoke but I looked at her face, knowing I disappointed her. "I'll find you, my love... I promise." I spoke to her as if she could hear me but I just need to at least know how she is.

It pains my heart, knowing that I'll never know how she is or where she is. Not knowing if I'll ever be able to hold her in my arms again... if I'll ever be able to tell her how much I love her.

God, I love her so much it hurts. Sitting here, helpless, it's torture.

"Come on, man," Vincenzo appeared behind me as he rubbed my back, shrugging him off as I kept looking down at my phone. "Stop it, Enzo." He tried taking my phone from me and that's all it took for me to snap.

"Don't!" I yelled, shoving him off me and he looked at me with disbelief in his eyes, holding his hand that I accidently injured. "Don't take this from me... it's all I have left." I snapped and he clenched his jaw.

"You're not the only one who lost her!" He shoved me back, finally snapping after keeping his composure for six months. "I lost her too!" I saw the angry tears that filled his eyes, letting him shove me again.

"Fuck you!" I shoved him back, grabbing the whiskey bottle and just as I was about to wrap my lips around it, he smacked the bottle out my hand.

The glass shattering everywhere, the booze splattering on our legs and I just glared at him and the audacity.

"No, fuck you!" He yelled as the veins in his neck popped up, so prominent. "Fuck, man." He cried and the next thing I know, he pulled me in for a hug, tightly wrapping his arms around me as I felt his body shake against mine.

I stood there, dumbfounded and not knowing how to react but I felt all my sadness resurface as I hugged him back, letting the tears spill from my eyes.

God, I needed this.

I stood at the entrance of Amara's house, the warm sun blinding me, pushing up my sunglasses as I watched the man step out his car.

A tailored suit fitting his slim body well, the man was pretty short compared to me as he walked over to me, his two men close to him as they stalked over to me.

The man pushed his sunglasses up into his grey hair, looking up at me with his light coloured eyes.

"Lorenzo." He gave me a firm nod and I eyed his hand that he brought out for a shake but I'm trying to be friendly.