𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭 𝐮 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐧 𝐨 𝐯 𝐞 𝐦

C R U O R
(n.) blood, murder.

• • •

"Found anything yet?" I walked into the room filled with people, looking around as they all worked on something.

"I have nothing." Anita groaned, dashing the pile of papers down onto the table as she threw her head back with frustration.

"Me too." Alissa told me and I pursed my lips; I'm not disappointed, they're doing the best they can.

"I don't think they're from New York," Wade spoke, walking over as he stood in front of me, leaning down on the table as he sat on the edge with his arms crossed.

"Why'd you think that?" I asked him and he pulled back his shoulder length curly hair back, half of it being pulled up into a bun as messy strands fell over his face.

"I know New York inside and out," He told me and I nodded, knowing this already. "I know every gang -- little or big -- every road, every hideout, every territory..." He trailed off. "None of these gangs fit the criteria," He explained and I narrowed my eyes.

"Are you sure?" Alec asked as he looked between us and I don't doubt Wade one bit.

"Most certainly," Wade nodded. "Give me some time," He rubbed his jaw as he looked down to the ground. "I'll look into where the most dominant Mexican gang is, that should help." He told us and I agreed.

"Remember," Flavio spoke. "These people are the real deal," He dropped his legs off the table as he sat up. "These are trained professionals and it also seems as if they have money," He carried on. "That gear they had on, not cheap." He looked around at us.

I felt the bubbling feeling of anxiety deep in my gut, my hands shaking ever so slightly. Whoever this is, he's giving me a bad feeling.

"Fuck," I muttered. "Look into Carlos Vega." The name clicked in my head, I don't know how right I am but it's worth a shot.

"Vega?" Alec stood up with confusion on his face.

"That man is suspicious," I told Alec. "I may not be right but there's no harm in checking him out." He nodded slowly, sighing.

Vega is a cunning bastard, one of the most sly, silver tongued men I know. He's witty and charming, so easy to fall prey to him and that's usually how he gets away with things.

Now, nothing is greater than money for him.

When I say filthy rich, I mean he could end world poverty at this point yet he's not satisfied with the money he has.

Now, he's not really into this dark side of the business unlike his brother who's crooked to every inch of his body.

Carlisle Vega; that man can never be trusted. Yet, I doubt his involvement in this as he's more about taunting and torture, well planned tricks to mess with his enemy. If he really wanted me, he'd make sure I'd hand myself over to him, instead of him taking me himself.

Funny thing is that'll never fucking happen.

Carlos and Carlisle, the famous twins in the business realm; real charmers, the most eligible bachelors in Florida — as they say. They own like half of Miami; honestly speaking they're living their best lives.

"Please don't get caught when looking into Vega," Alec warned Wade and he nodded. "Last thing we need is to get onto his bad side." I agree, he would make our life a living hell.

"Vega?" Lorenzo walked in with confusion, coffee cups in his hand that he brought for everyone on his way over. "Which one?" He asked as he appeared next to me, kissing my head before he headed over to the table to put the coffees down.