𝐭 𝐫 𝐢 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐮 𝐧 𝐮 𝐬

T O S K A
(n.) a dull of the soul, a sick pining, a spiritual anguish

•  •  •

"She's still asleep, huh?" I heard a voice as I rested my head on the car window; not fully asleep this entire time, just too tired to talk so I shut my eyes and let everyone think I was asleep.

"Yeah, I mean, she did just barely make it out alive." I felt someone's hand gently and comfortingly rub the back of my head.

I have no idea who's sitting next to me.

"Wake her up, we gotta go inside." Another voice spoke and the person next to me sniggered.

"Don't be stupid, look at her," I heard a long silence and even though I wanted to be sarcastic I kept my mouth and eyes shut.

Once I wake up, their loud mouths will start again.

"Stop staring at my fucking sister," Landon snapped, please don't smile, Amara. "Freaks." I heard the door open and shut, silence filling the car again.

"So we can all agree on the fact we don't like him, right?" What the--

"Um, I like him." I love you, Flavio.

"Of course you do, he's practically Amara's personality clone, why wouldn't you like him?" And that's Dominic, I don't like you.

"I agree with Enzo, kid's funny." I guess I like Lorenzo too now.

"Control your jealousy, Dom, I'm not tryna steal her from you," I can just hear Flavio's cheeky grin in his voice.

"Oh, but I am." Oh, great.

"Shut the fuck up, Lorenzo, I'd like to see you try." They for real arguing right now? The bickering never stops.

"Easy," He shrugged. "She's not your girl anyways, go running back to that Scarlett girl," Ouch. "The girl you're so obviously being a dick to Amara for." Double ouch.

"You damn well know that isn't the reason." I heard a grunt, probably from Lorenzo.

"Oh," Lorenzo laughed through his pain. "So you agree you're a dick to her?" He sniggered and I should control my expressions before I get caught.

"It's your fault," Dominic sneered. "Maybe if you had just been happy for me, once, I wouldn't need to feel like you'll steal this one good thing from me too." Triple fucking ouch. They clearly have a lot of issues they need to sort; I do not need to be dragged into with my own issues -- but can I help it? No, and why not? Because I can't seem to get rid of them and I don't want to.

"Oh, please, I did you a favour." Lorenzo snarked and I can definitely tell whatever he did wasn't such a good thing.

"Leave her alone," Dominic seethed. "You wanna fuck around, find someone else, not her." He stated and damn, can they stop arguing already?

"What if I'm not trying to fuck around?" Lorenzo countered and this is not ending, maybe I should wake up.

"You guys are fucking unbelievable," Flavio scoffed. "She's not an object for you two to see who claims her first because of your fucked up relationship," I love this man. "You wanna show your dominance? Show it through your business, not through your dicks." And with that, he left the car, slamming the door shut.

It was silent for a few seconds until my side of the door opened, his hand grabbing me before I could fall.

"Hey, come on," Flavio whispered as he lifted me out the car, holding me bridal style.