𝐬 𝐞 𝐱 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐦

R E T R O U V A I L L E S
(n.) the happiness of meeting again after a long time.

• • •

"I did not miss this city," Lorenzo stood in my office, facing out the glass wall as he looked down on the city. "Fuck you, New York." He grinned to himself, giving the city his middle finger before turning back to look at me.

"Not a city person, huh?" I asked him and be shrugged.

"No, I am," He told me, crouching down to my level, as I sat on my chair, his fingers grazing my forehead as he tucked my hair behind my ear. "But you've seen where I live, by the beach, in the sun, gotta keep my tan intact," He joked and I smirked. "Now it's cold here, I'll be pale within a week." He scowled as he looked at his naturally tanned skin.

It's not like he's that pale in general, his warm olive skin won't let him go that pale. His skin is naturally a nice olive colour, the tan making his skin a light caramel colour at times.

"If you go pale you'll most definitely look like a vampire, you have that whole vibe." I told him and he nodded agreeing. "Plus, you like to bite so there's that too." I pointed out the hickey with light teeth marks on my neck that I tried my best to hide with makeup and my hair.

"Oh, you like it," He smirked cockily. He stood up, neatening his suit before he checked the time on his Breitling watch, the colours matching his suit. "Come on, were gonna be late for our reservation," He held out his hand, helping me up as I grabbed my jacket from the back of my chair. "Who's restaurant was this again?" He asked, subtly sliding his hand into mine, interlocking our fingers.

"Vincent's," I told him and he furrowed his brows.

"Who's that again?" What am I supposed to tell him? Used to be my best friend, used to be undercover with him and stayed together for a good few years, fuck buddies for a short time who is now deeply in love with my friend.

"A good friend of mine," I told him and he narrowed his eyes at me. "Who is nothing more than a friend, in a healthy and happy relationship with a great girl." I linked my arm in his and he eased up, smirking.

"Good."

"Look who it is!" Vincent grinned at me, his arms out  as I engulfed him in a hug, his strong cologne which I mostly dislike wafting around me.

"How are you?" I asked, pulling away as I smiled up at him.

I felt Lorenzo's arm snake around me, pulling me back into his side and I widened my eyes, not expecting it. I sense a little jealousy today.

"I'm great," Vincent grinned as he looked at Lorenzo. "Hey, man, nice to see you again." He held out his hand and Lorenzo gave him a small smile, shaking his hand firmly.

"You too," Lorenzo gave him a nod, moving his hand away as I felt pressed up his side completely, a smirk playing on my lips as I knew why he's doing that.

"I've got a great table for you two," Vincent rubbed his hands together, leading the way into the busy restaurant; business men and their accessories — as in their significant other that they show off like some object — crowding the contemporary styled restaurant, the vibes in this place are off the charts.

Vincent lead us through the busy section and into the bar area which was much quieter; interior luxurious as the lights were dark and dimmed with led lights in red. The light combinations made me feel like we entered a different world, shisha placed here and there as thick smoke filled the corners of the room.

I felt Lorenzo's hand on my waist move to my hand, grabbing my left hand with his left hand as he had his arm wrapped around me; interlocking our fingers.