𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭 𝐮 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐬

K A L O N
(n.) beauty that is more than skin-deep.

• • •

Tonight's going to be the night I finally kill Atlas.

I've thought long and hard about this for two nights and I've been convincing him little by little every moment to speak with Alec. Every time I think it's getting there he breaks it down and says 'no'. This leaves me with no other option than to kill him.

It's like he's clinging onto me with hopes I actually don't mean what I say and that I do love him.

"Clyde," I spoke and stopped him. "Tonight, seven pm." Clyde's eyes flashed with sorrow, a hint of pain before he nodded, knowing what my plan was already. "Leave the car there and get out of here... meet me back in New York." I told him as I gave him a piece of paper with my contact info written on it.

"Be careful." He told me and I nodded.

"You too." Fuck, what am I doing?

Yeah, killing doesn't affect me but when it comes to ending the life of your first love... it kinda leaves me a mark.

"Hey," I muttered as I checked the time, half six. "What are you making?" He was cooking dinner, it smelt heavenly but it was all soon to come to an end.

"Pasta, you're favourite." He softy smiled and did my heart just ache? Seeing that beautiful smile of his, it made me realise what I'm actually doing.

Snap out of it! I believed he was dead for several years, I can face his actual death like it's nothing.

Eyeing my glove clad hands, I sighed as I grabbed the knife quietly, the kitchen light grimly illuminating on the metal.

I stared at his bare muscular back, walking up close before I stopped a few feet away.

I don't wanna do this, there's no pleasure in his death. I've loved this man for years on years so resulting to this conclusion will hurt more than I can imagine but I have no choice. He left no room for a choice. His death benefits us all.

It's time.

"Atlas... I do love you," I muttered and he froze, about to turn around but I stopped him. "Don't look at me, it'll just make it harder for me to say what I'm going to say." I muttered so he listened to me, staying still as he turned down the gas of the sauce so it doesn't burn.

"I know you love me... over that facade you show of how much you hate me... I know that deep down you'll never stop loving me because... because we're meant for each other." I hated how greatly he thought of himself. God.

"I do love you," I accepted. "I always have but, Atlas, you just showed up too late." If this was a few years ago, I would've sprinted back to him but I've matured, realising Atlas will never love me the way he loves himself. If I do that, I will be fucking over everyone I love and myself. Mainly myself.

"I know." He whispered and I glared at the knife.

I gently hugged him from the back, his entire body freezing up as my warm face connected with his back.

I could feel the adrenaline rush through every vein in my body, my hands slightly shaky as I found it difficult to breathe.

My heart pounded against my chest with a burning pain that the fire only spread throughout my body but I can't turn back now.

I have to do this.

"I will not let you fuck my life up again after it just got better," I harshly whispered as I had the knife few inches away from his back, right behind his heart. "So, fuck you." And with that I put in all my strength as I plunged the knife into his back, a gasp escaping his mouth; his body limp against mine.