𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭 𝐮 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪 𝐮 𝐞

M E T A N O I A
(n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self or way of life.

•   •   •

I sat there, fiddling with my thumbs, slumped with my head down.

I could feel the emptiness in me already, even though he hasn't completely left; seeing my room empty of his belongings just made me sad.

"Are you gonna sit in here or come say bye?" Lorenzo leaned on the door frame, his arms crossed with a lopsided smile.

I couldn't even look up at him properly, standing up as I dragged myself over to him.

"Mhm, come here," He muttered deeply under his breath and I smiled a little as my forehead touched his chest; his arms wrapping around me as he slid his fingers up my neck and into my hair, rubbing my head.

"Why can't I come drop you off?" I asked him as I had my own arms wrapped around him; taking in how good he smells, how he feels against my body, how he holds me.

"Because we both know that it'll make it impossible for me to leave." He smirked down at me as I rested my chin on his chest, smiling up at him.

"Yeah, that's my plan," I nodded. "Gonna keep you here with me." I wish.

He smiled, caressing my cheek softly with the pad of his thumb. "Why don't you come with me?" He asked with hope in his voice and I sighed.

"You know I can't," I told him. "If I leave, everyone here will break down and by the time I'm back, the Torres will be non-existent." I told him and he lowly chuckled, nodding.

"I don't wanna leave without you." He pulled me into tighter, hugging me like I'd never see him again.

It hurt, feeling like a piece of me will be ripped away and out my heart. I felt the anxiety build up, my hands clammy.

"Hey," I looked around to see Flavio, his bag around one shoulder as he stood there with his hands in his pockets. "Time to go, man." To make things worse, even Flavio's going with Lorenzo.

They all have their roles to play and I can't just keep them from it, I just have to let them go. They'll eventually come back, they all seem to.

I suppressed my tears, smiling through the sadness that hit me. I don't want Lorenzo to see me like this right before he leaves, he deserves to go back without feeling some sort of guilt.

I cupped his face, pulling him into a deep kiss as I could taste the whiskey on his soft lips. When our lips touch, it's like the world goes quiet and just for the moment, everything seems to be perfect. Just me and him.

"I love you." I whispered once we pulled away, rubbing his cheek with my thumb.

"I love you, Mar," He kissed my forehead, glancing at Flavio and rubbing my shoulder. "I'll see you downstairs." He gave me another quick kiss before heading down.

I turned around to see Flavio, him looking down at me with a sympathetic smile.

"I'll bring your man back soon—" Before he could complete his sentence, I crashed into him with a big hug, letting my tears flow as he instantly hugged me back.

"Fuck you, Vio, you've made me a little bitch," I cried lightly with my face in his chest. "I can't handle a month without your annoying ass." I laughed and so did he.

"Mar, you can do anything," He rubbed my head. "I'll be back soon enough to annoy you and your existence... you're not getting rid of me that easily." He teased and I smiled as I hugged him tighter.