𝐯 𝐢 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐢 𝐬 𝐞 𝐱

G U M U S S E R V I
(n.) moonlight shining on water

•  •  •

"So?" I asked Flavio as he plopped down next to me on the couch.

He just went quiet after he read the note; no expressions, nothing.

"I can't believe Lorenzo doesn't want my presence there," He stated in disbelief as if that was the weirdest part in that whole note. "But yeah," He turned to look at me with a normal expression now. "That's weird, you better tell Dominic." What a great solution, why didn't I think of that?

I rolled my eyes, looking away from him as I slouched. I don't wanna meet Lorenzo, he's intimidating and I hate that.

"One to ten, how much is Mila being here bothering you?" He asked with a teasing tone and I scoffed.

"Did you know she was coming?" I asked and he shook his head, Flavio doesn't know anything, except that one time he knew Dominic was going to be invited by Giovanni as well.

"Nope," He said. "Apparently, the two planned it ages ago." Of course, they fucking did -- whatever, why should I care?

"Great." I crossed my arms and he poked my shoulder, like usual.

"Be honest, are you guys fucking?" He took me by surprise as my eyes widened, snapping my head towards him. "What? Don't act surprised, we've spoken about way worse shit than this... and I'm your best friend so don't hide this from me." I hate how right he is.

"No, we're not." It's the truth, we are definitely not fucking... this man just likes to leave me all frustrated and never acts on it again because that's so fun, right?

"I know you aren't together," He said and I nodded. "Well, what are you guys then because you clearly are something." Well, fuck, I haven't thought about that.

"I guess..." I thought as I faced him. "We're attracted to each other, you know? Nothing else." Nothing else, my ass.

"Mar, you know I'm not stupid, right?" He asked and I sniggered.

"Debatable," I smirked and he rolled his eyes, should've seen that one coming.

"No, seriously," He was fully facing me now, his finger's twirling my hair around. "There is something there, neither of you wanna act on it... the sexual tension is so obvious between you two and let's not forget the fact you can't keep your hands off each other." He really didn't have to call me out like this.

"Wow, um," Yeah, I don't know how to respond. He is right though, I know he is.

"Either confess you like each other or just fuck and get it over and done with," He says it like it's so easy. "Personally, I see something between you two that's more than just sexual energy but I know that there's something that's stopping you, Amara," I looked at him, he knows something and I don't like the fact that he does. "You sleep talk sometimes when you take sleeping pills..." I felt my heart drop right into my fucking gut. "You say shit that is far from comprehendible, usually just like mumbling shit but I just gotta ask, who's--"

"Oh, when did you get back?" Flavio shut his mouth quickly, both of snapping our heads around to see Mila standing at the door with flour smeared on her cheek with two fingerprints -- why do I feel angry? Or is it jealousy -- no, can't be.

"Just a while ago." I answered with a polite smile on my face no matter how much rage I felt burn inside of me.

"Well, dinner's done if you two wanna come," She looked at us both and Flavio looked at me in a specific way.