𝐯 𝐢 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐢 𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪 𝐮 𝐞

M O R O S I S
(n.) the stupidest of stupidities

•  •  •

"Ara, come here." I just want at least thirty minutes to myself where I can enjoy the fact I'm in Italy with this lovely weather; sitting in the pool, with a nice view, a nice glass of white wine and some peace and quiet -- but no! Someone always wants to ruin my mood.

"No." I called out, scowling as I reached the edge of the pool, deep into the pool up to my neck as my hair flowed in the water.

Suddenly, through the closed curtains from the patio doors, Landon's head popped out as he looked at me weirdly. "You're gonna wanna see this." He told me and I do not have a good feeling about this.

Sighing, I finished the rest of my white wine, gulping it down as I pulled my self out the pool, my wet hair sticking to my back as I pushed it all back.

"Here." Landon handed me my black coverup, drying myself off first as I tied it around my waist.

I wonder what it is now; older brother with kidnapping tendencies, Flavio losing his mind for the hundredth time already today, ninja mutant turtles? Who knows.

Ruffling my hair; the dark locks waving with a few curls here and there, I grabbed my wine glass, pouring some more wine as Landon rushed me.

"Okay, okay," I raised my hands as he pushed me inside, taking the wine bottom from me as he kept it on the small table next to us. "What now?" I looked up at him with my eyes a little droopy, I think I'm wine drunk.

"In the other room," He signalled to go out and I just followed his lead, walking through the bright house. "Do you know who Mila is?" he asked me, ha, I haven't thought or heard about that girl in ages, kinda like she just disappeared.

"Yeah, why?" I asked as we entered the lounge, my eyes settling on the girl who wore a red painted smile on her face. Well, fucking great. "Nevermind." I clenched my jaw as I saw her hugging Dominic... okay then.

I felt a weird emotion pass through me as I watched them pull away with her arm around his waist, smiling up at him as her curled hair swayed.

I don't even know why I'm feeling like this -- it's the wine, it's got to be the wine.

"Amara!" She chirped as she saw me standing at the doorway, my eyes only on her as my focus zoned everything else out besides her.

I fucking hate how happy she is all the time, no one's that sweet constantly.

"Hey, Mila," I smiled at her as I brought the cool glass to my lips, pressing it down on my bottom lip as I sipped on the wine.

I need more of this, like another bottle.

"Oh my God, it's so good to see you again!" She smiled as she walked over to me in joy and the next thing I know, she engulfed me in a hug, my wet, chlorine smeared, half-naked body sticking to her fresh clothes.

I mumbled as I lost my balance all of her a sudden from her surprise hug, the wine spilling onto my fingers. "Sorry," I muttered to her as we quickly pulled away, shaking the wine off my hand as I held the glass in the other hand.

"It's alright." She smiled, holding my bare arms, smiling at me.

This is what I mean, she's fucking suspicious -- no, she's not I shouldn't drink anymore.

"You're too nice." I smiled tipsily, swaying only a little and I felt a hand grip my wrist.

"Okay, let's take that from you." Landon pulled the glass out my hand and even though I would fight him for it back, I just can't physically do that.