Inside Every Man, Is Another Man

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"I think I've seen this film beforeAnd I didn't like the endingYou're not my homeland anymoreSo what am I defending now?"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending
You're not my homeland anymore
So what am I defending now?"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was two weeks after our picnic day.

Harry and Hermione had been trying all morning to destroy the locket yet again. I had been trying to catch up on some much needed sleep but all I could hear was their failed attempts and all I could feel was their heavy hearts every time it didn't work.

I slipped from the bed, leaving Fred to sleep a little longer. I crept outside, pushing past Ron's bed as he slept with his mouth open and snores loud.

It wasn't as sunny as a few weeks ago, but the sun still shimmered on the trees.

Hermione and Harry were stilling casting spells on the locket-jumping back as it burned and was blasted backwards. I observed as Harry put the locket round his own neck, ushering Hermione back up the bank.

"Morning" they both said.

"You alright, Harry?" I tilted my head at the brooding boy, creases in his forehead from the firm frown that was set on his face. He grunted a response and slumped down to the floor, pulling his knees to his chest and fiddling with a rock. "Why are you wearing it?" I asked sternly.

"We have to keep it safe until we find a way to destroy it" he mumbled, his eyes glued to the rock so he didn't have to look at me.

Fred poked his head out from the tent, his eyes darting between Harry, Hermione and I. He walked out, pecking my cheek as a good morning kiss before he pointed his wand down the neck of the flask and whispered 'aguamenti'. The flask filled with more water and he handed it to me, urging me to drink.

I did as he asked before passing it to Hermione.

"It's starting to get colder again" Fred noted, picking up his jacket and carefully placing it over my shoulders.

"Really?" Harry huffed bitterly.

"Harry, is it the best idea to wear that? I mean, we don't even know what it's capable of" Hermione interjected.

"Seems strange, mate. Dumbledore sends you off to find all these Horcruxes, but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?" Ron questioned from the entrance to the tent, his arm still in a sling.

The radio played to itself in the background, announcing the disappearance of Dean Thomas. Another one of our friends that could be dead or missing, another life I felt responsible for.

I listened to the radio for a while, listening out for any information on anyone I knew.

We were all in the tent now aside from Harry and Hermione who remained outside; Ron and Fred sat right next to the radio, desperate for good news and desperate not to hear any names of Weasley's.